Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wednesday Weight loss

Well this is a big step... but Dave and I have decided that this is the year we knock off the excuses and we get in shape... We started it last year.. and we were doing really good... but... one day we could not work out because of whatever reason and it led to another day and pretty soon we were not walking every day and we were back to eating too much crap.. eating out, desserts, and soda are the big problems for us... so we are going to limit our eating out to once a week... and no more sodas.. and no more desserts... we will do some jello's and applesauce and things like that.. but no more cakes... or ice cream.... our two favorites. I am bringing my calories down to about 1500 a day... which if I am not really careful I can eat that in one small meal.... I have found that being sure to eat a small bowl of breakfast in the morning does help.. then I have my 100 calorie snacks on a schedule.. so I know they are coming and instead of being starving I can think about the fact that I AM going to get something soon.. getting one between each meal works out nice for me....I am also going to be posting here every Wednesday..... it will be an update on how it is going and my weight... nervous about writing my weight down.. but it will truly hold me accountable... Knowing that I will be posting my weight here and that others will see if I have lost or not.. makes me want to stay on track.. lol I know no one really cares.... but that is ok.... still makes me want to stay on track. I have been getting a lot of support from my friends on twitter too *thanks everyone* and there is a group of people all working on losing weight.. they are part of the #tweightloss @miacupcake got it all started... she was right on it tonight when I was whining about having A piece of almond roca instead of cheese cake.. great support... nice to know there is someone out there giving you a kick in the butt or a shoulder to cry on type of thing when you need it. *thanks Mia*

My goal.... is to lose about 60 lbs
get in good physical shape
be able to go for long hikes in the woods
wearing my chaps and coat comfortably enough for long bike trips
play racket ball
go swimming

my plan.....Walk everyday
eat less overall and more healthy
no soda
drink Lots of water
tone and strengthen muscles with weights and resistance tubing

weight.....current 262

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Michelle! I'm sorry our weight loss blog didn't work out last year, but I'm glad you are giving it a go again this year. It sounds like you have some good support too.

    I gave up soda a couple of months ago. I've been "giving it up" off and on for a couple of years now. I think this has been the longest stretch I've done, but I don't remember the exact date I started being soda-free. It's hard sometimes, but I'm doing ok and don't really miss it much.

    Good luck, my friend. I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you laura.. I am sorry that one did not work out so well either... keeping up with a blog is a lot of work... turns out I am not as good at it as I had hoped.. I am starting this plan off with just once a week updates.. hoping that will help some.. way to go on the giving up of soda.. I know it made a difference last time I did it.. and it is one of those things that we do not really need. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl...I know you can do it and remember it is one day at a time....You don't have to give up soda altogether..drink a diet none caffeine one like Sprite Zero...Just be sure to not overdo because of the Sodium content...Use it as your before bedtime treat..no calories and it tastes good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are on the same goal path my friend. Can't wait to watch the progress...I'm here to cheer you on.

    anji

    ReplyDelete