Sick.. cold/head stuff ...this has been floating around since we went to Montana... Dave kept thinking he was not feeling so good but then nothing happened.. well it hit last week.. him on Tuesday and then me on Thursday. I had a few days with no voice at all.. and spent a couple of days just laying in bed sure my head was going to explode. I am feeling a lot better this morning.. made it through the night with no cough meds and really got some good sleep.
Right before I got sick I jumped on the train and headed south to see my parents and my sister for a couple of days. It was pretty icy at my parents house and mom ended up taking a spill and breaking her ankle pretty bad.. she had to have surgery on it and it is all wrapped up. She is doing Awesome!! She has a wheel chair and a walker and is using the walker more and more.. her attitude is amazing too... instead of being all upset about it she is using it as an excuse to tackle a lot of stuff in her life and make some changes. I am hoping she is able to use it to slow down a bit maybe. She does a LOT of stuff for other people.. makes hundreds of quilts for cancer patients and helps so many people with so many things.. not that she should ever stop.. she loves what she does... I just hope that she is able to look around at everything in her life and really put the focus on things that make her happy.. maybe she is already there... I am not sure... I have to say I am using this as an excuse to spend some more time with her and my dad.. I am planning on making a few more trips up to there to stay for a few days each time.. I love both my parents so much and am so grateful for all they have done for me in my life.. so much love and support and butt kicking when needed ( which was/is often ) truly no one could ask for better parents. There is no way I can pay them back for all the wonderful they have given me... I am going to make more of an effort to try though... we have spent the last few years connecting as friends and adults and I have loved every second of it...lol it all happened just in time to show me that even though my teenagers are pulling away and making their own lives.. that there is hope of strong relationships. Funny how parents get really stupid when you are a teenager and then smarten the heck back up when you have teenagers :) Gives me some good days to look forward to and lots of "I told you so" time.
Fun stuff.... while at moms visiting she sent home some tiny jars with me.. these are cute... mom and I have become hooked on baking things in jars.. pies and cakes and dinners and just about anything.. so much fun and great way to do portion control. She had found some very tiny jars... normally we use half pint jars with the wide mouth... she found some about half that size.. only holds about 2 TBSP of pie filling... Love them! I made up some pies in the jars and took them back up for her to put in her freezer.. I knew she had some company coming.. and these would be perfect for that.
Trying to show how tiny the jars are.
Green is apple pie and red is cherry... just take them out of the freezer.. pop the tops off and bake in oven until brown and bubbly.. can serve in the jar.. or slide out onto a plate.. add whip cream or ice cream and it is perfect dessert.
Dave and I have done some fun Christmas type things... We visited Leavenworth for the Christmas tree lighting festival. So beautiful... so many trees and so many people.. we walked around and visited the shops and had a wonderful night.. holding hands and taking pictures of the lights and just being together.
Then we also did the Lights of Christmas here locally... The Lights of Christmas ... walked around again holding hands and being amazed at all the lights.. we love the walking around holding hands part.. even with gloves.. it is all sort of snuggly.. find ourselves leaning close together and whispering and laughing.
We have also been working in the shop... not as much as we would like but as much as life allows. Dust collection is still not complete.. it is how it is and we will have to live with it for awhile. It is not as good as we would like.. but we think it will have to do until we can afford to buy a larger collector and figure out where to put it. We really need a lot larger shop.. at least twice the size of this one and with no car stuff in it would be perfect.. then again.. we need to start buying some winning lottery tickets.. or at least a ticket :) Some day it will all work out... always good to have goals to keep reaching for.. the more reasons to work hard a person has the further they are likely to go. Today we will start building again in there.. starting with the drawers and doors for the cabinets we built. Then organize a little and with the new year we will be starting on customers orders.
Christmas around here this year is very laid back.... no presents... that takes care of a lot of stress... and almost all the kids are off busy doing stuff other places. Oldest is home from college so he will be here... and then next one is in California, I wish he was able to be here.. I know he is alone this year and it breaks this moms heart... I also know he will be ok... I am hoping to get to see him in February. My two youngest are doing some stuff with the other sides of the families. We will be going to my in laws for Christmas eve dinner... I am looking forward to that.. some great people to visit with and wonderful food.. will be a nice night. Then Christmas we will just be home working in the shop and being lazy .. watching movies, eating and enjoying being together. Being thankful for each other and amazed at how each year gets more and more wonderful just being together.








Merry Christmas! I have enjoyed visiting you and your blog this past year…
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Madge, I have enjoyed your blog also and look forward to enjoying many more :)
ReplyDeleteYou're the second friend I know who decided to forgo presents...and it's such a novel idea! Although Santa still exists in our little world so it's not practical at this point. I'm glad that you are feeling better. It sounds like you have an amazing family on both sides:) I love the little pies in the jars and am going to try that! They would make great gifts to take around to our neighbors and our friends at the nursing home. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and friendship this past year. I appreciate you more than you know! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with love!
ReplyDeleteSo pleased to have found wonderful blog...what a warming loving uplifting post...so enjoyed reading it...looking forward to wading through past posts...and thank you for entering our giveaway...warm wishes from south Africa
ReplyDeleteI could tell that we’re on the same interest and obsession. Good to know someone I could share my ideas. Looking forward to know and learn some more from you. I'll be glad to share my own thoughts to you soon. Thank you for sharing such valuable articles. More power!
ReplyDelete