Tuesday, December 6, 2011

To Montana and Back in a Weekend

Last Friday really really early in the morning we took off for Bozeman Mt. with some friends of ours. We have added a new camera to out collection.. an hd web cam... we put it up on the gps in the dash of the jeep and then I can take pictures and videos. Since I can not wait to do a post about our trip I thought I would start with one sharing some of the pictures and videos from the web cam.. and later after our friends come over and we put all the regular camera pictures in one place I will do another post with some of those.. they will be much better.. I know there are some wonderful animal pictures from our trip through YellowStone.. we saw big horn sheep slamming their heads together and huge buffalo just lazing around on the side of the road.



This is in Montana.. somewhere... one thing I learned about taking photos with the web cam.. I need to put the quality up so I get a better picture... bad enough the wind shield is covered in ick... but most of the photos were taken on the lowest setting and they are just not very good.




Wallace Idaho is a small little town... Interstate 90 used to go right through the middle of town, they are known for having the last stop light on I-90




Driving through Yellow Stone and we have to stop so two coyotes  can cross in front of us.. I missed the first one but here is the second one... we did pull over and take a bunch of pictures so will add those later :)




On our way home Sunday night... sky was clear and beautiful.. coming out of Spokane the sunset was so beautiful and it went on for many miles. We even saw Mt Rainer which none of us knew you could see from there.

5 comments:

  1. Cool! Love those road shots... I have a tripod head that clamps onto a window with a quick release plate to mount my DSLR... love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we are just getting into the traveling photos.. I learned a bunch this trip... I really need to take better videos and pictures... I had it set up for the smallest size while streaming live.. which works ok.. but for just recording and playing later I need to use a lot better quality...I was using 360p for the videos and I can go to 1080p I was just afraid they would be too huge... I need to find the balance between too big and good enough to really see what is what.

    Dave was looking at a window mount tripod.. I think right now a new lens, flash and a bag are the next things on his list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so cool! Thanks for bringing us along on your adventure~ I loved seeing the fox and the beautiful sunset. Montana also is amazing. I've always wanted to see that part of our beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, you are so welcome.. I have some blogs I follow that share where they go.. and I love them.. I know we have a lot of places on our list of places to visit and am hoping to share them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

    ReplyDelete