
Ok so two days ago I decided I wanted to knit... all of a sudden I just thought.. hey I want to do that. So off to the craft store to get some needles and yarn.. thanks to those who helped me know what to look for. Hurry home last night and open the needles and the yarn and off to youtube to learn how to make a fancy sweater. Ok I know I am not going to learn that in one night but I do tend to think big sometimes and forget my life jacket when jumping into things. The first vidio was great.. learned how to cast on using one needle... had no clue what the next step was.. browsed around some more vids... I love how the "Learn to knit for beginners" starts with 4 rows on the needles.. if I knew how to get 4 rows on there I wouldn't be a beginner.. well not as beginner as I am. After dropping the needles about twelve times.. they are so slippery.. and all of the yarn falling off the tip of them many times.. a friend, warmnfuzzy , showed up online and was able to talk to me one on one and walk me through it with some great pictures and directions she sent me. * thank you thank you thank you * I got up this morning and made a pot holder sized square.. only had a few holes in it.. learning quickly what not to do...now the yarn is staying on the sticks better so having less holes. I think tonight or tomorrow I may be ready for the next step. Possibly next weekend I can make a fancy sweater *smile*








Oh my gosh I feel like I need to hurry up now. LOL I know its not a competition but you learning at the same time as me will motivate me into keeping it up. I will admit to a stupid beginners mistake I made. When I first started I would keep the needle with yarn in my left hand so I had alternating rows one backwards one forwards.
ReplyDeleteMy goal is lots and lots of wool socks. :)
So proud of you...you're doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are making progress..but I would maybe give two weeks before you start that fancy sweater :) I love to knit but learned a very valuable lesson years ago. When taking knitting to bed..Don't Fall Asleep. Husband was not pleased to roll over and get stuck with the needle. Of course after he yelped and I made sure he was ok...I admit I did giggle...just alittle.
ReplyDeletethanks.. you guys are so wonderful.. everytime you post is makes me smile. I did find a problem with knitting.. it takes up both my hands and fights for time with everything else I need to do.. lol and NO way can I do it in the truck on the way to hardware store.. too bumpy and I almost got car sick.
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to learn new things!
ReplyDeleteGlass, you should go find yourself a spot on www.ravelry.com they have a great knitting community and its huge and fun too. I'm on there as Whskr!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you Glass! :) Don't get discouraged, knitting is pretty hard! I still crochet much better than I knit lol :). HUGS!
ReplyDeleteyea glass, you left me too! i didn't know you were going to jump in so quickly!
ReplyDeletei haven't had time to psych myself up to picking up the needles yet, but when i do- if you've learned a lot by then, you're the one i'm going to nag nag nag for help. lol
thumbs up!
Knitting is the only craft that I never really learned, shame! My bestfriend tried to teach me but it's not just my cup of tea.
ReplyDelete