Friday, May 15, 2009

Sad little lonely mailbox no more



Friday we spent all day out and about... once again.. we headed out for a 9:30 am appointment in Stanwood ( ten minutes from home ) to get a new windshield in the truck.. and we got home about 6:30pm. We ended up heading into town to go to Home Depot to get a new mailbox... and well first we had to get some lunch since it was 11 when the windshield was done.. and it is looking very spiffy I might say.... also made an appointment to get the new shower doors installed in a couple of weeks....back to lunch.. we didn't want to just spin through some fast food.. so decided to go to Red Robin... I always get the same thing.. Bonzi Burger.. I love it so much...I have to say even though they totally forgot to put the pinapple on there.. it was the very best burger I have ever had there... service was a bit slow but the burger was worth it. Then since we were driving past we stopped in at Costco.. just to walk around and see what they have... didn't buy anything... then to Home Depot.. plan was.. buy a cedar post to make a new mail box stand.. and a new mail box.. ok that was quickly shot to heck when we walked past the clearance section and they had a really nice white one marked down from $130 to $25... then off to look at mail boxes.. well if we get this post then we need this type of mail box and yet we like the mail box that would go on the wood post.. but... then again.. this other mail box closes better.. but this one has a better flag ( which we never use ) point being.. too many mail boxes... finally we decided on a white one that goes great with the post. The post has this ball thing on the top... dont like it.. so we picked up a solar post light to go on top of it... Also picked up a great sign for the house numbers, which we had to go to Lowes for since we didn't like the house number selection at the first store. While we were at Lowes we also found a pack of 12 solar yard lights on a great sale so we grabbed them too. We have a set on the deck now but they are old and not working so well.. this pack has enough to put some around the deck and some in the new gardens :) We still need a patio set for the deck, can't decide if we should make something or buy something.. and a cool bench or small sitting set for the side of the house. We got the post all set and ready to go.. but the mailbox when we took it out of the box was dented.. had to return it and go to two different stores to get one that was not dented... finally it is all installed and it looks great.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely mail box! I am sure it is the belle of the street :). HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I understand the desire to upgrade, the old box has such character! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! even the box gets in on the renovation, how sweet!

    Ours is a sad sight. I want to plant some flowers out there but the city has a giant "cleaner upper" that mows everything in it's path...
    Maybe I will just stick some cookies in for the postman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi !.
    might , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ikazabylu.ibnsites.com/etirutak.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone!
    I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

    For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
    I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and I started with funny 500 bucks.
    Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

    http://theblogmoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day, sun shines!
    There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
    Nowadays, I feel good, I started to get real money.
    It gets down to select a proper partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

    You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
    [url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
    There is no initial capital needed.
    You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
    for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one project for several years,
    and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to materialize here. Good day or night everybody!

    We are not acquainted yet? It’s easy to fix,
    my parents call me James F. Collins.
    Generally I’m a social gmabler. for a long time I’m keen on online-casino and poker.
    Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
    Probably, it will be interesting for you to find out about my progress.
    Please visit my web page . http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be interested on your opinion..

    ReplyDelete