Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Caramel Corn














Make a bunch of popcorn.. air popped.. microwave wont work for this. I do three Big bowls.. it will all depend on how coated you want your popcorn.

Bring to a soft boil. (6 minutes)

2 sticks of butter... I use salted so I do not add salt later
1/2 cup of light corn syrup
2 cups brown sugar

after soft boil stage is reached
mix in 1 tsp of baking soda (will get fluffy. Kids used to think I was tricky)

Pour it over the popcorn and mix.( I like to mix small batches at a time ) Be sure to mix it a lot..get all of it coated.... if you want to add peanuts or walnuts or any nuts.. or pretzels or anything else.. I have found that adding it while mixing is the best time. (did learn that adding chocolate chunks needs to wait until after the oven stage... otherwise there are no chunks left) Spread it out on a cookie sheet and bake for an hour in a 200 degree oven.. mixing a couple of times.

I love this recipe.. it is so easy and quick (minus the hour baking time) and clean up is easy.... and everyone loves it!!

1 comment:

  1. My mom used to have this great recipe you made in a paper bag. Sounds crazy, but it was wonderful. I might have forgotten about it for good if it were not for your post. Thanks so much. And yours looks great too.

    ReplyDelete