Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bridge Girders


Yay!!! we are getting a new bridge onto Camano Island...(click here for info on the construction) This week they have been moving the girders in...the girders are 187 feet long... they are really really long... there is a semi in the front driving and then another one in the back to drive the back half... they placed the first two earlier this week but it was raining and there was some snow and it was cold.. so we did not get to see those.. last night though the timing was perfect... we were at the park and ride in Smokey Point and were able to get on the freeway behind it and then drive past it... got off the freeway ahead of it and took some videos of it coming down the on ramp and getting itself backed up so it could head down 532. We were not able to get any video of them lifting it off the truck and over the bridge as we were not in a good location for that. We were able to get some picture of the car in front of us who I believe are the rudest bunch of people on the island. At least two cars full of people.. honking their horns.. screaming rude things at the flaggers...I guess they were blind and did not notice the huge truck in the bridge.. and that would also explain how they missed the weeks/months of notices that were up all over town and in the local papers. To all the construction workers not only on the 532 project.. but all of our DOT people.. Thank you!!! You really do a great job and put up with a lot from some pretty stupid people. Example below of rude and stupid.


Be sure to click here to view more videos of the bridge girder

2 comments:

  1. wow...that is huge. Is it me or you...the etsy link here doesn't work and when I looked for you on etsy, I couldn't find you yet I know I've seen you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbra,

    Hi, yes the bridge girders are huge... I used to be on etsy but then I moved everything over to my artfire shop.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete