Monday, December 28, 2009

Big Four Mountain


Big Four Mountain
Originally uploaded by glass_identities
Yesterday we had to run to town and decided to head out on an adventure since we were out. We were also looking for a bit of time with no kids... seems a rare thing these days.. which surprises me... I had always thought that when the kids became teenagers they would be off busy in their own lives.. they are more glued to my side now than when they were two. We headed down to Granite Falls and then up the Mountain loop Highway. Everything was really frosty/icy but we did not really see any snow. The mountain here is called Big Four which I found odd since I was thinking it was about the humps... but it is not.. I guess there is a large 4 shaped snow patch on the other side of the mountain. There are also said to be some really awesome ice caves here that people can go in and view... I have not yet been in there but hope to do that this spring. Click here for more information on all of this. It was a beautiful way to end a wonderful holiday weekend.


Here is a video I took while driving through the gravel (ice) part that connects the Granite Falls side to the Darrington side.

No comments:

Post a Comment