Yesterday was good.. Dave and I are feeling a bit under the weather.. getting the cold from the oldest son... so we took it easy most the day.. then we went for a short walk on the beach at sunset.. and watched some movies.... today my oldest son moved into his own place... he is so excited.. and I am so happy for him... my other son was going to be helping him.. then staying the night there.. so they can head out and go camping for a few days.
We decided we needed to get out of the house for a few hours.. I needed to get some more sticks for a couple of orders of garden stakes... we needed some fresh air and some exercise.. also wanted to get some pictures taken and do a little road trip. I had signed us up on the geo caching website a couple of days ago.. we have talked about "going to do it" for a long time... today was the day.. we took some cards with the info to a couple of caches and off we went. We are already making plans on when we can go again and things to put in the boxes.
We went out on Mountain Loop Highway.. a road we go to play on often.. it does not really go anywhere but from one very small town ( Granite Falls) to another very small town (Darrington ) Lots of trails off this road... and a lot of train history. Today we walked on the Robe Trail.... we walked on the very old railroad... right to the tunnels... it was just amazing. I loved the kids asking questions and pointing out the old ties and hardware.
We then took a drive up Green Mountain Road... lots of beautiful views up there.. and waterfalls and even played in the snow :) Also a great place to get some sticks :) Came home on a back road... Felt like we were filming a commercial... swerving to miss the many frogs jumping across the road... I am sad to say we did not miss them all... we did miss the deer though... and the raccon... lol all the way out the mountains and we find all the wildlife on jorden road on the way home.
We stopped and had some dinner then headed home.... one of the things I love the most.. is how much the kids talk to us while we go on these adventures.. the questions they ask and the stuff they share... lot of great bonding. I did learn some things about sons friends that I did not need or want to know.. but.. it was an awesome weekend.
To see more photos of our trip today.. just click on the photo above to visit my flickr page.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Wonderful Weekend
Labels:
geocaching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment