Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Portland

Just a quick blog post.. mostly for a friend of mine who will be visiting there soon... was thinking of emailing her but this way other people can add places they love too :)

We love to visit Portland... love to visit the open air market... huge market.. lots of crafts and music and a little bit of everything.. even has lots of fair type food. It has grown a lot in the last few years.. which is wonderful.

Portland Saturday Market ( but it is open on Sundays too )

Another favorite for us is OMSI Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. It is like the Seattle Science Center.. but bigger I think... and hey have a submarine that sits in the water.. and you can tour it... I was not sure how I felt about that but am so glad I went.. it was awesome really.

One thing we keep seeing that we want to do.. and have not yet.. is the aerial tram... it is not really a tourist thing... so we have been told.. but it looks like a lot of fun. ** note on that link is also a link to downloadable maps for Portland... like for the street cars and what not. Portland has a lot of the trains and what not that run all over town... so far we have not explored them but someday we hope to.

I would love if other people would add comments here.. and links.. I will copy them and paste them to the body of the post so that they are clickable :)

Thanks
~Michelle

Did a post here a while ago about one of our trips to Portland

Just read on a friends blog about her experience in Portland and some wonderful things she foud there ( click here to visit her blog and read her post ) and one of the things I want to be sure not to miss next time I am in Portland would be Slappy Cakes sounds like a fun place for breakfast :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm WAY late in posting a comment (been housesitting sans internet, arg!), but better late than never? :)

    I've been on the sky tram thing once, and I have to say it's pretty cool! In hindsight I bet there are caches nearby which would be fun to find!

    Public transit in PDX rocks! The MAX (light rail) is a lot of fun & for a few bucks can get you all over town (read: pub crawls, but I wouldn't know anything about that). There are busses all over, too. So try out the MAX sometime.

    I love the Saturday (Sunday too as you indicated) Market, fun walking around there. Lots of actual hand made crafts for sale by the artists themselves, not just crap stuff so that's great.

    ¿Por Que No? on Mississippi Ave has the best veg tacos, and the pomegranate margaritas are to die for. Also, Amnesia Brewing is on the same block, nice outdoor patio.

    So yes - Portland rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never to late to leave a comment... thanks :)

    hmmm we have only been to Portland once since we start caching.. and... we could totally kick ourselves since we did not even think to look for a cache :( Oh well.. good reason to have to go back soon.. and now I want to try out the pomegranate margarita too :)

    ReplyDelete