I threw on some big thick socks.... some long underwear... my boots a hat some gloves and off I went... The walk to the beach was a bit slippery.. I just stayed on the sides of the road while going downhill... it worked! The beach itself is always amazing in the snow... because the snow stops right at high tide. so if you stand just right.. it does not even look cold... looks like spring
but it is not... it was 20 degrees out there.. plus whatever the wind added to it... now.. as long as I was walking this direction it was not too bad at all.. almost warm.. gloves came off right away
(playing with the glass keeps my fingers warmer than gloves any day) The only part of me that was getting cold was my nose... it was freezing.... but... all good... treasure hunted down the beach a ways... and then turned around... and it was a bit colder...I know I should check the wind direction first.. and this time I even remembered noting it was blowing from the wrong direction.. but... I get treasure hunting in my head and off I go. The walk back to the dock was a bit colder... my nose thought it would freeze off.. and my cheeks were cold.. so I held up my hands and breathed into them.. warmed my cheeks and nose up.. but when it unfroze it became a bit drippy... worked out better to just let it be cold.
I found many treasures... and was not nearly as cold as I had thought I would be.. was a great day... today it is snowing a bit again... have that dark dreary snow sky... and I am just cold and ready for spring... heard there might be even more snow tomorrow before it warms up... I love fall and spring... not too hot.. not too cold... perfect weather!
We are still not sure what we will be doing for Thanksgiving.. ordered one of the premade dinners from the local grocery store.. a first for me... but with no oven and not knowing if we will be going to the mountains, the ocean or staying home... figured it was a safe bet. Dave is picking it up tonight on his way home from work.. with a few extras and no matter what we decide to do we will have food! Hope you all have a wonderful Turkey Day and get lots of food!
~Michelle








No comments:
Post a Comment