S'mores on sticks = easy easy easy.. and fun! Take the marshmallow.. dip in melted chocolate.. stick the stick in there and then sprinkle with crushed graham crackers. Twirl them over an open flame to toast the edges and they are ready to go!
Next time I am thinking I will not crush the crackers so fine.
Next up.... Peanut butter / chocolate cake pops. This was my first adventure with cake pops.. I have done a lot of cake balls.. but this was the first time getting them on the stick. I did not think anything about it.. until I had the ball slide right down the stick in to my hand. Needed a plan.. so I decided to take the cake ball.. then dip the stick in the melted chocolate and slide it into the hole and stick them back in the fridge for a bit... it worked!! Yay!! Dip and cover in crushed peanuts!
I made a few more... everything was the same.. but instead of peanut butter in the cake I added a chocolate cream cheese thing I made up... and then half of them I dipped in crushed MnM's ( again I crushed them a little too much.
I also left some plain.. just chocolate/chocolate. I was thinking all the time about the different things I could dip them in... or thing I could put in them.. I could put a rolo around each bit of cake.. or maybe a jr mint... I really want to do some coconut ones. I am thinking I need something with a white cake.. not everyone loves chocolate.. hmm I could do those in white chocolate.. any ideas there?








Wow, those are awesome!!! Love the S'mores on a stick! I am so going to try these out.
ReplyDeleteAll of them are super easy.. the S'mores are the easiest though.. and a favorite of mine for sure :)
DeleteOh. My. Goodness.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to salivate all over your blog, so pardon the mess. YUM!
No problems *hands you a wipe* :)
DeleteAwesome! How much cake/time did it end up taking?
ReplyDeleteKatie =^..^=
One cake mix ended up making 5 dozen... will go with 4 dozen and that way it allows for mistakes and if there are extra that is ok :) I baked the cake up the night before and then it is really not a very long process.. you crumble the cake and add the frosting/peanut butter and form into little balls... add the sticks and then put in fridge for a few minutes while you chop up the chocolate and melt that.. then the dipping.. maybe an hour ... took me just over 3 hours total yesterday to do 5 dozen cake pops and 3 dozen S'more pops... but.. I did the cake pops in 3 different flavors/batches and I spent time in between on the computer.. and taking pictures and talking to my sister and that included all the clean up time.
DeleteOh my gosh Michelle these are just beautiful. My mouth is watering and you are playing havoc with my sweet tooth!
ReplyDeleteMy 2nd cousin had some huge marshmallows dipped in chocolate at her wedding a few months back. They were delicious, but these are to die for. Your sister is going to love them.
Thanks Gaye, I took some to her tonight... she did love them :) I am having so much fun doing this for her... hard not getting to eat them all.. but our diet just does not allow for it. We were able to take a bunch to the local fire department and pass some out to friends.. was fun :)
DeleteMichelle these look delicious and so fun! I think I'm going to do the smores with Elliot for school this week. Thank you for sharing them with us.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your sister getting married! That's an exciting event!
I think it would have killed me not to eat those. You are so incredibly generous:)
Jenny, thank you so much.. you and Elliot would have a blast making the S'mores... they are lots of fun :)
Delete