Friday, February 10, 2012

Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson

Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson: A 15-year-old puts up a Facebook post bashing her parents for making her work too hard, dad reacts by posting a video response to her grievances on her Facebook page.


This dad is awesome!! I am so disgusted with how many parents think it is their "job" to be their childs best friend. They let their children do whatever they want.. be rude and mean and hurtful. Use the cover of "expressing themselves" or some such BS. Parents who allow their children to run free on facebook and twitter and in real life. It breaks my heart to see so many children not being taught respect.. for others or for themselves. When my kids were growing up.. and still ... I have always been known as the bitchy mom... my house always has had rules...and I followed through with consequences and often my kids did not like me at all... at times they picked going to their dads where there was no rules.. but now they are all over 18... and all moved out doing their own things and paying their own bills.. and I am able to work on real friendships with them.. because I worked hard at always being their mom first.. my Job was to teach them to be adults... to be able to think and manage their own lives... to be independent.. to keep them safe.. not only from others but from themselves. When we as parents do not do the job we signed up for when having children.. we teach them a lot more than we think.. and none of it is good... our children know we quit on them.. they know we are failures... that we just did not care enough to put in the work... when you do a half ass job.. no matter the job.. it comes back to hurt you and every one involved. We as parents will make mistakes.. but we always need to do our best.. we need to teach by example.


The dad Tommy has posted some updates to the first video and you can read on his facebook page  Here 


*This is my blog and my opinions on parenting.. based on my experience growing up and raising kids .... if you do not agree that is your right.

6 comments:

  1. I was a strict mom. I was a "mom" not a "best friend".
    When my daughter was a teenager she said to me "Why aren't you my best friend like Tracey's mom?"
    I told her "I am your best friend. I will be the one person in your life who will always love you and take care of you no matter what".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me that is the only way to do it... I know for my children as they got into the teenage years I had to explain to them often that I was leaving the "friend" thing up to them... if they were doing things the way they should then we could be friends.. if they were not then the mom hat was always there.

      Delete
  2. I've had tough love blow up in my face but I still dish it out because there are certain things I just do not tolerate. I fight hard for respect and only really earn this by being a strong 'tough mudder'. I'm also gentle and loving but I can be pushed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had it blow up in my face too.. 2 of my boys decided it would be better if they went to live with their dad full time instead of following my rules.. their dad thought it was a cool idea..told me boys would be boys and they should be allowed to have fun... then a awhile later called me telling me he couldn't handle it... one ended up back with me and one with the Marines.. both had to get their heads yanked back out of their backsides ... but have cleaned up their lives and are doing awesome and we are able to build good, healthy loving relationships now... they have both thanked me many times for being so hard on them while they were growing up... it kept them from being losers as they go into their adult lives. You are an awesome mom Jenny.. keep on it as you are raising some awesome kids!

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more about disciple and the lack thereof in a lot of kids lives... I see the results of it multiple times a on my school bus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a couple of friends who drive school bus... that is a job I could never do. Thank you so much for what you do!

      Delete