Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine Cookie Love


Last year I made these for Valentines day... this year Dave and I are over 130 lbs less than we were last year.. so I will not be making these.  When there are more than two of us in the home to help eat them.. I will make them again :)  I could not just let Valentines day go by without some cookie love though so I thought I would share these with you :)  Have a wonderful day!!

This is my favorite sugar cookie recipe... well one of them! This one is really easy and always taste great.

Mix together

1/2 cup ( one cube ) softened butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla *you could add a little bit of another flavor.. almond is so good.. peppermint for Christmas*
1 egg

add in

2 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

I put it in the fridge for a little bit ( while I get the sprinkles ready ) just to make it a little easier to handle.

Drop by spoon (small.. cookie will be about double the size) onto the cookie sheet and then using the bottom of a glass you have dipped in the sprinkles to flatten the dough with.

Bake at 350 for about 7 minutes, you want to catch them just before they start to brown.


You can use a heart shaped cookie cutter.... then try the butter cream recipe from java cupcakes to frost them. They are so good! I am not used to decorating anything, having as many kids as I did it was about how many I could make and how fast.. they could eat them faster than I could cook them.. and they could care less what they looked like. So I need a bit more ( ok a lot ) practice with my decorating.




8 comments:

  1. Michelle these look so yummy...I can actually imagine in my mind how they taste..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. they were really good... Since I am not going to be making them I was thinking I could just think about them and remember how good they taste :)

      Delete
  2. We will be making some valentine cookies today, and I'm only having one...or two. But it's going to be difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled out a three cake pops from the freezer... I added one to his lunch and we will each have one after dinner...just a little something with sprinkles on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies look so adorable. I love how they are heart shaped and decorated with sprinkles too. I have a hard time controlling myself with cookies too. They are just too good. Congrats on your weight loss, and have a happy valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... they are only heart shaped thanks to a heart shaped cookie cutter :) Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day too :)

      Delete
  5. Looks LOVEly! Congrats on your combined weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look so cute and yummy! I'll have to remember these for next year...or make them at Easter with Eastery sprinkles! :)

    ReplyDelete