Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rhubarb Cookies


Rhubarb Cookies
Originally uploaded by glass_identities
I am loving my grandma right now so much... growing up she made the best rhubarb cookies.. not sure how.. but I had forgotten about them until the other day when my dad called me up looking for the recipe... ( thanks dad )....after sharing it with him I had to make some myself. I did not have any rhubarb but I put an ad on freecycle.com for my local area and within an hour I had 6 people write me who all lived within a mile or two.. so I headed over to one of the houses and she wonderfully let me take a whole bunch of it.. ( going to make a pie with what is left ) I just finished making them and not only are they wondeful *pats self on back* but they bring back so many wonderful memories of being young and carefree and playing at grandmas. Grandmas are truly a childs best friend.

Just a side note on this recipe make them small... they grew a lot while baking and ended up being the size of saucers which only made a dozen cookies.. I will be making more this weekend.

Rhubarb Filled Cookies Recipes

Ingredients For: Rhubarb Filled Cookies Recipes
1/2-cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2-teaspoon salt
1-tablespoon milk
1-teaspoon vanilla

Filling For: Rhubarb Filled Cookies Recipes
3 cups rhubarb, chopped
1/4-cup water
1 cup granulated sugar

Instructions For: Rhubarb Filled Cookies Recipes
Mix filling ingredients and cook until soft. Set aside and chill.

To prepare Dough: Cream butter, add sugar and cream together well. Beat eggs and add to this mixture.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mix alternating with milk and vanilla.
Chill dough.
On floured board, roll out dough 1/2" thick. Using a 2" cutter, cut out cookies .
Place cookies on a greased or sprayed cookie sheet.
Cover dough with a teaspoon of filling. Top with another cookie and press edges together with tines of a floured fork.
Bake rhubarb filled cookies recipes in 400°F oven for 10 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I'm going to have to try it. :) Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great and sound yummy..Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore rhubarb! Copying this into my cookbook! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Yummy! I just bookmarked this for our next rhubarb experiment. :) ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete