Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 2 *ouch*

This is day of rest for the couch to 5k which means.. I am not on the treadmill... I am not running. Yet I am not going to do nothing on these days.... so today I did my sit ups and did some work with the resistant tubbing ( for the PT on my shoulder ) and then took of on an hour walk on the beach with the neighbor... yes I found some sea glass but mostly.. we walked ( pretty good pace) and talked.

Now I am doing some house cleaning... I was a little sore this morning in some muscles I am not sure were ever used before.. but now that I am cleaning.. bending and stretching... Ouch! I am very well aware now of the muscles I used yesterday that have never even been stretched at all before... and they are NOT happy. Even though it hurts a bit.. it is nice feeling some new soreness and knowing I am working out a new part of my body. Tomorrow I am do W1D2 and will see how it goes.

~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I know that soreness! I had it too! It will get better. I'm battling a cramp in the calf....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that calf.. well not the calf itself but how it is feeling :) I am ok with the soreness from the walking/running on my legs and what not..means something is working... the problem I am having is how walking/running messes with my shoulder. Yesterday was pretty easy going..I did walk on the beach but just a walk.. and then I planted a few bulbs in the garden.. maybe 30 minutes worth... easy stuff... and then did some basic house cleaning...and by 8 pm last night I was crashed on the couch and could not even move my arm.. now this morning I am drinking my coffee with my left hand because I can not trust my right hand to not drop it. Makes it a pain in the backside to keep going..I am thinking three times a week is not so bad and that I may need to just slow down on the other days a bit. Going to do W1D2 tomorrow and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete