W1D1 is for workout one and day one for the couch to 5k (links below)
I also took up an empty gallon milk jug and filled it with water.. weighed it and learned I have lost a bit over 3 gallons.. which made me feel great. I have been stuck at this weight for awhile now and was looking for some new directions to help motivate me to get back to losing weight. I am now working towards adding another gallon of water to my collection :)
A friend of mine has started the Couch to 5K program and I have heard some great things about this so I went and spent some time reading up on it and have decided to give it a whirl. I am not looking to do any marathons or even to make running a big thing... ( I pretty much hate it, but have never really "ran" anywhere ever) I do LOVE the idea of being able to run 3 miles in 2 months. Ok.. not that it will take me 2 months to run it..(I hope) but that in two months if I follow this program I should be able to run 3 miles at one time.. which at this time seems impossible as the 1 minute of running this morning sort of killed me. Well not the first minute but by the end of the days workout I was thinking I might die. Now that it is done I feel great though... and I look forward to dying again in a couple of days. This is only done 3 times a week so for the other days I am going to do the floor and tube/weight workout. I will also be doing the hiking and regular walking too.
Still working on eating healthier... going to be having a lot less carbs.. which is my weakness... I love breads and pastas and I am going to hate this one. It gets really hard when we look at what we eat now and think about what we used to eat, a LOT of fast food.. super sized with refills on soda, and compared to that we should be super skinny now. From the lab work that has been done in the last year we KNOW we are getting a lot healthier which is the main goal.. and the fact that I can run at all on the treadmill...when we started 5 minutes of walking on it killed me....it would be so nice if the weight fell off as fast as it went on.
I keep reminding myself.. it is not about getting skinny it is about getting healthy.. and about changing our whole life style.. not just a quick fix that won't last... I want to be healthy and I want to the weight to stay off when it comes off.
Couch to 5K on facebook ( looks like a great place for support )
~Michelle








Good job, M! :) Let's keep each other motivated & check in to make sure we're sticking to the program. I'm doing that with my buddy @geezfools for both #C25K and #hundredpushups.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan :) I am excited about doing this.. seems there are a few more people than I knew that are doing it :)
ReplyDeleteYay! How the heck have I not been following this blog? Well I am now! We can do this!
ReplyDeleteYes we can! We Will do it!
ReplyDeleteby the way Eva, I am glad you are here :)
ReplyDelete