Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I LOVE the Beach!


School Started... and the youngest has moved to his moms full time. He was here every other week and now we will see him every other weekend... totally sucks in all ways... but.. if he ends up doing better at this school then I am behind him 100%. Personally I think that he will be taking his problems from this school with him until he admits what the problem really is. With that being said I do hope for the best for him.. and I will miss him horribly.. already am. With the other boy having moved out and the only one left here being our girl.... who goes to school and then to work every day... I am having a LOT of time on my hands at the house with no one here. After spending 12 hours cleaning the house yesterday... I am now lost as to what to do. Today I tackled the motor home and it is all clean so off to the beach I went.

Heart Rocks

I Love Love Love the beach... but.. not during summer time. I only went a few times this summer since every time I did go down there I would have a bad experience. Kids getting high on the beach... lots of garbage... so many people... lots of dog poops....bulldozers... just not a good time for me at all. So today I headed down there trying not to get my hopes up. I am happy to report that besides one spot that had a bit of garbage... that the beach is back :):):) I have learned this summer that I live on an island.. yes I knew that.. but... I had not really grasped all that it meant. Last year I had noticed that traffic was a lot worse in the summer... and this year I was rudely reminded that I do not own the beach and that I must share with other people who visit in the summer. So I have decided that I will visit the beach a LOT in the fall and winter and let others visit in the summer. I will also be more careful when I visit other places to respect that no matter where I am.. someone loves that space and is not happy they are having to share. I would never leave garbage, dog poop or a bulldozer, but I am one more person invading the space.
Drift wood star

Today was beautiful on the beach... I saw so many treasures. It was calm and peaceful and wonderful today. I took a bunch of photos, collected some shells, heart rocks and lots of sea glass. I sat and listened and smelled and looked... so very relaxing and calming. I am looking forward to many more walks this winter and many more treasures. I am also hoping to find some sort of work of some sort.... I just have way too much time on my hands right now and even with beach walks.. it is NOT enough. I am hoping maybe I can do a little bit of nanny type work again or something like that... maybe not full time but after camping with my sister and her boys last weekend I think I would enjoy spending some time with some younger kids again... I loved it when I was doing it before and I miss it a lot.

Yellow Sea Glass Treasure

Weight loss Wednesday... I am still the same.. have figured out that no amount of walking or eating less works if I drink on the weekends I just stay the same weight... no drinking for a couple of weekends and we will see what happens :)

~Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the beach in winter! First learned this in Santa Monica. We moved there in October and would spend our Sunday mornings reading the paper & enjoying the vast expanses of empty beach. Imagine our shock and horror when summer arrived & the place was wall-to-wall flesh!

    ReplyDelete