Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bad Commercial...?

There has been a lot of talk on kids and bullies and children who are killing themselves because of being bullied. When I did some reading about all of this online I have learned there is a name for children who kill themselves because of being bullied, Bullycide. That completely breaks my heart and rips at my insides.

There are so many links to so many stories of children who are being bullied and who are then taking their own lives that if I started posting links I would not be able to stop... just google teen suicide bullies and you will see.

I keep seeing this commercial and every time I see it I am more disgusted and disturbed that this company would do this... and that not only did they do it.. but they are still showing it.. from everywhere online I have seen, people are having the same reaction. Not only is it just beyond a stupid commercial that makes no sense.. the fact that this child is being chased by bullies and that mom is clueless is as clear as a bell. Who is this commercial marketed towards and why did they do this? I have spent the last couple of days trying to figure out what I can do to get them to stop showing this commercial and I am going to start by talking about it. Please leave your comments, what do you think about this commercial?

1 comment:

  1. I think the commercial is cute, but I do agree it's an odd way to sell cars....I think personally this was a case of bad timing on the company's part. They air this during a time where the nation is focused on bullying. I think most people just see it as silly kid games and not bullying.

    ReplyDelete