Dave and I then headed to storage and started sorting that. We wanted to go through everything and weed it all out again... every time we do this it seems we are able to get a load for the good will and a load for the dump. This time was no different. Weeding through it all and wondering what in the world we have been paying to store some of this stuff. We ended up with a large load for the dump and one for the goodwill. Then it was time to decide if we wanted to bring this stuff all home and find places for it.. or if we wanted to keep the storage and move some of the stuff from the house/sheds into it. We have decided to keep the storage for now and put some more stuff from the house/sheds into it that we are totally tired of tripping over but not ready to get rid of yet. We have a huge storage unit and it is only about a 1/3 full.... but we have had it long enough that it is an awesome price. We have had it long enough now that hanging onto it for another year or so until we know better what the kids will be doing.. just makes sense. We are going to offer to rent a corner of it out to my son for a lot less than he is paying for the one he has now.. save us both some money.
Now that we have narrowed the boxes down again.. we will be putting some shelves in there and we will be going through the boxes and really sorting and storing... will take pictures of what is in each box and label them all so we can look them up at home on the computer and will know where everything is without having to dig through boxes. In this sorting we hope to find some jeep keys.. and a dog tag.. and I am sure there is a couple more things we hope to find.
One thing that made me so wonderfully happy... we brought home all the clothes we had in storage... and... half of mine fit me... it is like getting brand new clothes.. been 5 years since some of this stuff fit... a bunch of "new" jeans and skirts and sweaters... I am so happy... the half that does not fit yet.. really gives me a goal to work for... lucky for me the stuff that fits now is great for fall/winter and the stuff I still need to lose a bit for.. are great for spring/summer. Means I have 5 to 6 months and by then there is no reason I should not fit into those clothes. Once I fit into those clothes that will be the smallest I have been since having kids. My goal is to be a size smaller than that. Which would be about as small as I would ever get and still be healthy... but if Ican get one size smaller than those then I will have the perfect excuse to go get ALL new clothes :)
Today I am not sure what the plans are.. I am thinking being lazy and relaxing. Two days of working in storage have taken their toll on both of us. Dave with his bad ankle hates the cement floor... and even though I only moved things around that were very light weight.. my shoulder is still screaming today. I think just having a do nothing day is a great plan for today.
~Michelle








No comments:
Post a Comment