My parents were here for a week.... they did not stay at the house.. but at this beautiful campground they are members are that is not too far... had the cutest little cabins... ( I should have been taking pictures ) and so I had a wonderful chance to spend sometime visiting with them.. they also had some lifetime friends staying with them for a couple of the nights.. they all came over for dinner and it was a wonderful visit. I do miss living closer to my family.. we are not that far really... 4 or so hours.. but with everyones schedules.. it can seem like it is across the world sometimes.
That leads into geocaching ... you can expect to see a lot more posting about this part of our lives... it is proving to be a LOT of fun. We did some with my parents... and we found another travel bug.. this one wants to travel the world and have lots of photos taken... so I am taking it around and taking photos of it... and then we will move it to another cache soon. We went out this weekend with our youngest son.. and had a blast.. even though.. it was pouring rain.. and we even ended up in the snow... it was still so much fun.. and we found 13 caches...and some where in/near old mines....
woohooo.. watch out mom and dad :) (they got us started in this) Heard my sister and her family have started getting into this too... should be fun :) I am also getting to know (online so far) lots of other people who do this.. I love that everyone can do it... old .. young... in shape.. not so in shape... rich.. poor... it is so much fun and gets everyone out from in front of the TV and out of the house. Please if you do not know about it check HERE to read more.. and feel free to ask me anything.. just starting really.. but will answer anything I can :)
I am still working on the weight loss Wednesdays.. just not blogging it.. at least at this time... I am still losing about a pound a week... still walking on the treadmill.. and trying to be careful about what we eat.... it is sort of boring... and just was not sure anyone really wanted to hear about on a weekly basis... but I am in this for a year... so... I will keep going... and... I am noticing changes... muscles where none were before... just small changes though... it goes on a lot quicker.. and easier than it comes off. Shoulders back.. tummy in.... get up and move... and drink that water!!
I am still walking on the beach.. almost every day.... trying not to post about that everyday either.. even though I could.. I love it that much... I reward myself with it.. walk on the treadmill... get to go walk on the beach... I am not sure what it is about it.. lots of things I am sure.. every single day is different there... every few hours it is different... the water comes in and changes everything... sometimes it takes all the rocks and leaves sand.. sometimes it leaves piles of rocks and drift wood... there are shells and agates and glass and odd bits and just so many treasures... and life... it is so alive... star fish... little fishes... crabs... clams.... birds... bugs... people... everything is so calming and exciting all at the same time at the beach. In face.. just saw that the orca network said there was a whale sighting near here.. so I am heading out to go see if I can see a whale... saw one the other day.. WOW... it is a sight... and a sound.. to hear them and see them is amazing. *fingers crossed I come back with photos*








Found you from flickr (I'm misspudding). My friend Andrew is totally into geocaching. You might know him? :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the weight loss!
Hope you're staying warm and dry. This windstorm is crazy tonight (I live in Everett).