I started off this year doing Weight Loss Wednesdays (first post here) and I did good for a few weeks.. then the focus started slipping.. and I had a horrible week and well.. sitting down to write about a horrible week was hard.. so I did not do it... and now I know.. that is when I SHOULD have done it more than the good weeks. I got to a place where I was not losing any more weight.. and it was getting easier to have a little extra at a meal.. or an extra snack..and I was hating the treadmill.. since it was not working... and well it snowballed.. and here I am getting back on track.
Summer should be easy time for this.. so many fresh fruits and veggies.. which I LOVE.. and we are outside all the time... even though the weather was better in February than in June this year :( Thankfully I was born and raised here in Washington and I am used to it raining ALL the time.. I am also far from sweet enough to melt... so outside we go. We have found geocaching... which is wonderful in so many ways... really gets us outside doing things... lots of caches are hidden on some really great trails... because of geocaching we have found several great hiking areas right near our home... and this last week we have been exploring them... our plan is to go at least three times a week. These are hilly trails.. hills that go straight up and down... trails from a mile to about 5 miles. The one we did the other day.. we kept up a good pace and had a good workout. We out hiked our teenagers too. Good for us.. bad for them.
We have a vacation planned for this summer that involves a lot of hiking (and geocaching) in hopefully ten different states... and we picked the top ten hilly states.. so we ( ALL ) better get in a lot better shape before then. Not only will it be hilly.. but I am expecting some of these places to be well over 100 degrees :( I will be hating the heat.. and I am sure complaining loudly, I want to be sure my hill climbing muscles are not doing any extra complaining.. as I am sure I will be testing everyone's last nerve as is. I will be bringing the Advil for my shoulder ( it hates all hiking) and that will help with any sore muscles too..sure wish there was a pill for the heat. Hmmm now that could make someone rich.
So here I am.. back on track... back to posting on Wednesdays (from here on out) no matter what!
Goal is to lose 15 lbs by August 27th (ten weeks) That is 1.5 lbs a week... with vacation coming I am sure I can do this.. always seem to lose weight on vacation.. without even trying.
Will be eating a lot of fruits.. veggies.. and drinking a LOT of water. Will be walking on the treadmill... at least 3 times a week.. and good serious hikes in the woods at least 3 times a week. Will also be working on some targeted muscles with some different exercises and want to start using the wii fit more often.
Starting weight 1/5/10 ~ 262 Weight today ~ 237 total weight loss ~ 25 lbs with @50lbs to go








No comments:
Post a Comment