Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Little of This and That


So today is a ramble day.. I do not have anything huge to report here.. but a few little things. Sunday we worked on the yard, trimmed up the front bushes and had a little fire to burn everything we collected this summer. Grass and yard is pretty much ready for winter. Still working on getting the area around the shed all cleaned up and graveled. The fire was great.. we roasted some hot dogs and it was fun.

Yesterday was Monday and it was the second day of the Couch to 5K workout for me. I made it through.. thought I would die.. seriously. Afterwards though I was feeling pretty good so I went ahead and did some sit ups. I am putting lots of focus on standing up tall.. shoulders back and down... tummy in. Well everything is a bit sore... some muscles are on fire... some calf cramps... shoulder is killing me... but nothing like my tummy last night.. it so freaked out. Time for bed and I could hardly sleep... from now on I am only doing the workout or the sit ups.. not both on the same day.

I ran my daughter around this morning for some appointments.. it is nice to get some time to visit with her... and then went and visited my MIL who seems to be doing ok. We talked knitting and looked at some patterns and picked out some yarn... I will be visiting her once a week and doing some knitting with her. I went and checked out the local knitting shop in town and love it... can see it doing some serious damage to my wallet but I do love it... it is also a great place to take MIL for a break... big open space that she can get around in.

Now I am making some dessert for Dave. He has been working really hard.. not only on work stuff but on helping me with a lot of stuff and I love him so much, he is so good to me that I love to make surprises for him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to the yarn shop -- it really is a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete