Last year we did thousands of lights in the yard and on the house.. and decorated everything in the house.. all the rooms including the bedrooms. This year we are keeping it really simple.. just the tree. Three of the 5 kids have moved out and the other two are close to it... and they are all doing big things with the other side of the family.. so Dave and I have decided to just keep it simple.. maybe sneak away just the two of us and hide for a day or two.
Next year the plan is to double what we did last year and have a big 3 day open house party type thing... if that plan does not change it should be a lot of fun.. and you are all invited :)








I love the simple Christmas theme. The photograph is awesome too...I love the black and white! What a beautiful contrast to the many multi colored things this year. The open house sounds like something I'd like to do. What a great idea to relax expectations so that everyone feels included and important. If I could be there, I would!
ReplyDeleteThank you :) It would be so awesome to have you visit. I think an open house, come as you are cookies and coffee just seems so much more relaxing and fun... with everyone having such crazy schedules it gets stressful trying to plan anything. Thinking I can just have big bowls of fruit and veggies and cookies and snacks..bunches of games on the table.. and photo books out... and a no present policy.. too much of the holiday ends up being about who got what.. sort of kills the spirit for me.
ReplyDelete