Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Treasures

Today was an awesome time on the beach... tide was out a bit..and it was a bit chilly but the wind was down so it was not too bad... started off to the left.. which is my favorite direction to head.. a lot less houses and I always seem to find more treasures.. but.. you have to be a lot more careful of the tide coming in. I made it down as far as I could go due to the tide rising and just as I was about to turn around one of my beach friends showed up with her dog and cat so the trip back we visited and treasure hunted.


Found some agates and some cool rocks, even found a rare very small red piece of frosted glass.


When I got home I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down to the computer.... up on twitter pops a news thing about how a body was found washed up on the beach on Whidbey Island ( which is the island across the water from me.. by about 3 miles ) Checked out the location on google map and it turns out where the body washed up was just across the water.. and they believe the body has been in the water for a month or so... makes me horrible sad. I have come across the body of a seal before and it broke my heart.. it was so sad.. I can not even imagine what it would be like to come across the body of a person.

I know there are gross things in the water.. and everything I bring home gets a wash in some bleach water...just in case... but it all still makes me so sad...I grew up on a farm and have butchered animals and all of that.. I KNOW the cycle of life and how it all works.. I have hunted and fished and I love a good a steak, I still wish though that no one and nothing had to die.

~Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Your compassionate thoughts have touched my heart today. It must have been so sad to find that person. Maybe somewhere someone can find peace and closure for their lost loved one. My cousin was missing for five years before his remains were discovered at the bottom of a cliff in Arizona. It was torturous for his father to wonder what happened for all of those years. (Was it a violent crime? An accident? A suicide? The unanswered questions would not let him rest.) The discovery showed that it was accidental. After his truck broke down, he chose to walk across a rough and unpredictable area of desert in the dark to get home.
    So I'll pray for the family of that person, and for those who find the lost. Thank you for sharing this story.

    ReplyDelete