A few months ago my youngest son Brian was accepted into Washington Youth Academy and He is doing so great. I am so very proud of him and proud to be his mom. He has always struggled in school and been behind the other children and if I did not stay right on top of it he would end up screwing around instead of doing school work and would end up in trouble. He went to live with dad a couple of years ago and that proved to be a situation that he was not ready for yet. He ended up basically failing all of his classes and getting involved with the wrong group of kids and started using drugs. I started looking for alternatives for Brian since there was no way what was happening was going to work. I heard about WYA on the local news and looked it up and then sat down with Brian and we talked about the pros and the cons and where his life was going and how he needed to decided the road he wanted and get his backside on it. He did what he needed to do.. with a little prompting.. and got himself enrolled in this wonderful program. The weekend before he left for the school he spent a couple of days with me.. and then he had a pass to come visit a month ago and the difference was just amazing... a child who was full of snide comments and who was rude and disrespectful and could not sit still... came and spent the day with me and not only had he gotten even taller but he also could sit calmly and look me in the eye and visit and be respectful and was wonderful to spend time with. This Sunday we are going to visit him at the school for family day... there will be a picnic and things to do and I know I will cry and embarrass us all but they are happy tears as I see him opening doors to a wonderful future for himself and I am so proud of him and all he has done and all he will do. Way to go Brian!!!
That photo is on my flickr.. you can click on it to see more and I will be adding more after Sunday too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment