Today I spent a little bit of time weeding the flower bed.. I have to do it in little bits since weeding seems to be one of the things on my list of things shoulder does not like so much. My friend had given me a little butterfly bush plant last week and I really needed to get it potted. I was going to put it in the garden but decided to go with a big pot. We are hoping in the next year or two.. always takes longer than we hope.. to really do a work over on the yard.. so I am trying to not get too carried away with garden stuff until we get everything where we want it.
My parents have been in town this weekend... I love getting to visit with them. While dad was here on Friday I had him look through my garden and let me know what was what. A neighbor had sent up a bunch of plants last year and I just stuck them in the garden and hoped for the best.. well the best is happening and they are ALL growing. Turns out I have a bunch of fun stuff I will be sharing photos of as soon as they start to bloom. *Smile* Have also decided to do a little more flower garden on the one side of the house.. if I can talk my son into helping me out in exchange for some cookies. *fingers crossed*
When we redo the yard part of the deal is we will redo the front deck too.. it is sturdy enough but needs all new railings and what not. The paint is seriously peeling.. but there is one spot that I love where the railings on the steps come down and meet a rose bush.. I always take a lot of photos of it since I love the old look of it... when the bush starts blooming I really love it but here is one to start the season with








I would love to be out in your garden, walking and talking about plants, life and stuff. I'm sorry that you were sick and I hope you continue to feel better as soon as possible. We have a butterfly bush and it is simply amazing how it transforms from being a sort of ugly looking bush to a living, fluttering thing when the butterflies visit. I almost cut it down once because the thing got so scraggly looking. Thank goodness I was smart enough to deal with 11 months of pathetic branches in order to have on month of amazing wildlife so close to my deck.
ReplyDelete