Monday, May 2, 2011

Camping Deception Pass

This last weekend we stayed close to home instead of heading out to the ocean... it was wonderful.. no stress of traffic... took like $25 of gas instead of $200 and gave us a lot more time to camp and relax and enjoy. I am thinking this year we will be spending a lot of time exploring camp grounds within an hour of us, there are a lot of them.

Almost there, driving across the big bridge over Deception Pass, going to be camping down there. We got to camp it was still daylight.. just barley.. but it was nice.. got camp all set up and the fire going.. and sat around visiting and roasting hot dogs and making smores... then inside to play
some poker and have some drinks... I am not sure what the martini was called that Laura made.. but I can tell you all this stuff was in it and it was so so good.. smooth and rich and oh wow!

Next morning we get up and have some breakfast and guess what.. more poker!! It was that kind of weekend... we played for a few hours.. had some lunch and some beer margaritas, my sister got me started on these and I love them. Beer Margarita Recipe here

We did decided to take a walk around the loop and check out some of the other camp sites and just walk a little bit... we ended up going around the loop and then heading to the beach..followed a nice trail down and then took the road back.. it was a nice adventure.

Trail to the beach


This is a very pretty beach, sandy and with some rocks and just a beautiful place with some of everything. I did find an agate and a handful of sea glass this weekend. :)

The big trees were just amazing... so tall and old and beautiful!

Camp is all cleaned up and we are ready to go.. well.. we are not ready to go home.. but we have to check out of the site... this photo is great.. makes out motor home ( on left ) look so tiny.. they pretty much are both the same size. Back to the beach we go.. just going to park the motor homes there and spend some time enjoying the wonderful weather.

I can not believe I did not get a photo of the motor homes parked in the parking lot with the awning out and the lawn chairs... some people gave us some odd looks.. I think they were jealous :) We did walk around the point and check out the bridge... the one we were on when we took the first picture... we got a bit closer.. in fact I am sure the huge rock we ended up on was where there was a cache.. but I had left the info in the motor home so was not sure. I did not get any pictures from there because my phone died... I will get them next time.

This weekend was so much fun... the weather was great... warm and sunny.. today it is pouring again :( We had good food and drinks and great friends to visit with. Even saw another good friend of mine who was visiting the park for the day with family in from out of town. The only problem with the weekend was it was just too short...they are always too short. After we got home and everyone got cleaned up we all headed back out and went to the casino to spend a couple more hours stretching the weekend out... now we are back to the weekdays and already making plans for another weekend out and some longer trips too :)

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great time! I've never had a beer margarita so now I'm going to have to look that up...
    Thank you for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a beer margarita either. Looks like you have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edited to add the recipe for beer margaritas :) You guys should try them.. they are a great summery drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,you are so ready to go fulltiming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL we really are... or at least most the timing :) Have a few more years though until we will be able to.. still need to do the whole 9 to 5 thing :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Looks like you all had an amazing time! I wish we had a camper so we could just take off and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great running into you the way we did!

    ReplyDelete