Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Started on the Hobbit Trail :)


Once again I had a wonderful weekend....One of the best things is getting to have three days with Dave. We love doing the same things and spending time together. Friday we ran errands in town and did a little grocery shopping. We visited some garage sales, bought an old wood working level for $2, it is really pretty, teak wood and brass edges. Friday night we had some friends over and we went out to explore a new trail we had found on the other side of the island. We had so much fun.. the trail is flat and one mile... we just did one loop but would be easy enough to do a couple more loops and if we stayed on the main trail I am thinking we could get a good workout in. We all picked the Hobbit trail..a little side trail you can take.. which was a lot of fun.. very cool in there.. but some bending over and winding around.. would make it a bit hard to do it with some speed.


We then came home and bbq'ed some buffalo burgers and visited for awhile.. getting our plans for our Vegas trip all figured out. I am so excited, I love trips.. and I love Vegas and these are awesome friends.. it is going to be a happy time with a lot of great memories :)


Saturday Dave and I took Missy out to lunch at Islanders.. We both had the fish and chips which were so good.. and then she had the almond chicken salad and it was great too. It was nice to get a chance to visit with her a bit, then we dropped her off at her boyfriends and Dave and I headed to do some tool shopping... the first stop we bought a dust collector that is twice as big as the one we have now.. one of the focuses of the new shop is to really keep the dust down. Then we headed to Rockler to get some more gates and hose for it. They were having a VIP special and it was 25%, traffic was so horrible we almost did not make it before they closed.. but we did. Home to have some dinner and watch a movie, Despicable Me (which I slept through) but Dave said was really good.


Sunday we did yard work.. all day. We spread some gravel in the driveway, weedeated, weeded the flower beds, mowed, moved the trailer to the back, cleaned out the shed, went through the cupboards in the shop. We figured out where everything will go for next weekend, bike stuff back in the trailer, cupboards from shop are moving to the shed so that ALL of the car stuff will be there. We talked about what we have to get done in the yard this year and what we want to get done and how we want it to all end up when finished. Sunday night we worked in the shop and got the upper cabinet on the right hand side up on the wall..we then made shelves which I will be staining today. We will put them in tonight and start moving stuff over from the left side so we can take those cupboards down to the shed and get the tools moved over there. Sometimes it seems that this is taking forever and we will never get it done.. but we are getting so close. This week we will get everything moved over and then next weekend (4 day weekend)we should be starting building the last two cabinets and the two roll arounds. After that it is a matter of getting everything in the right place.. then doors and drawers and a bit of trim. I am so excited and looking forward to it being done and being able to really get on making some fun stuff :)

1 comment: