Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

Or not so much...This has been another busy week. I have been keeping active... lots more moving around than sitting around... been doing my walking and my exercises .. not as much as I would like. My shoulder has been killing me. Finding the balance of doing things so I do not feel completely useless and so that I am working towards getting in better shape.. and yet not putting myself in a position where I can not even lift my own coffee cup or sleep at night is very challenging. I hate taking any type of pain pills.. used to be before the accident that one advil would take care of any pain I had... now after three years 4 hardly make a dent and if I take too many I end up with other issues that are no fun either. I will find the balance.... I am glad I now have a set of workouts that I can do without making the shoulder hurt too bad... so I can keep doing those just have to figure out how to do the every day stuff.

We did get out of the house one night in the last week for a hike with some friends.. we kept it simple, one mile and level... but will be exploring some new places this week and figure we will do 3 to 4 miles. I remember when we started this last year I was so happy to make it around the block... and we were up to 7 to 10 miles without much more effort than around the block was when we started. Looking to be doing 10 mile hikes every weekend before long again.

My parents are in town this week for some visiting, and I had them and my kids over last night for dinner... I used that as an excuse to make some cupcakes in jars ( mom brings me the jars ) and I am also blaming those cupcakes for me not having lost any weight..in fact I went up one pound. I do also want to mention that aunt flow decided to come visit too and I always have a weight increase when this happens. Yes I am making excuses... but.. not really.. even though when I got on the scale this morning it was up a pound.. it was up a lot less than I had been ready for... and it really is not so much about the weight coming off as it is about getting healthy... and I AM feeling a lot better every week. My energy and my spirits are a lot better every week... even though my shoulder is killing me it feels so good to be doing a bit more.

Weigh in last week at 253 ~ weigh in this week at 254

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for keeping a positive attitude. I am so sorry that you're in that much pain every day. I recently had some issues with a neck and shoulder that motrin didn't touch. It's really no fun to have an injury. Ten miles seems like a very challenging hike and I bet you'll be reaching your goals in no time. Sending a hug...and an apology for not being here more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the support.. it means a lot to me.. and you need to stop being sorry... lol I love that your busy having such great adventures and coming back and blogging about them so I can read them.. and wow you are taking some amazing photos. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle...

    It's only one week and you made wonderful memories with your kids and parents. As long as you are putting one foot forward - that is all that matters.

    I'm going to this if you are interested in going: http://www.eastwestbookshop.com/events/single_event.php?ID=2714

    ReplyDelete