Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weight loss Wednesday

It is back... I did these post on Wednesdays for a while last year.. and I was losing weight.. sometimes just a tiny little bit.. but it was coming off.. then I had a few weeks where nothing was coming off and I stopped writing.. and then the weight not only stopped coming off but the weight I had lost started coming back :( Now I am starting over.. and going to be visiting this blog every Wednesday with my weigh in and to talk about what I have done during the week and what the goal is for the coming week. Holding myself accountable and writing it down here for not just me but for everyone else to see really helped. Thank you to everyone that left comments last time around and please feel free to leave them again, I can really use your support.. just knowing someone is reading this will help motivate me a lot.

I have about 20 weeks until our planned trip to Vegas, wow that seemed a lot longer away until I counted it out, and I would really like to have lost between 20 and 30 lbs by then.. well I would like to have lost at least 50... but I know there is no way that will happen. Last time I did this I started at 260 and by the time I lost 30 lbs I was in a whole different size of clothes.. which I have a LOT of clothes for that size.. so if I can lose 30 by the time we go to Vegas I will have a whole new wardrobe by then. My smaller goal is a one pound a week. My overall biggest goal is to be a LOT healthier. I am thinking in getting healthy I will lose about 60 - 80 lbs total.. but even though my focus appears to be on the weight itself.. it really isn't.. it is just that the weight is an easy way to watch things change as we start. Hauling around all the extra pounds is not healthy.. in anyway.. so being a bit focused on the weight to get things started is good.

My goals this week is to exercise, exercise and exercise! Drink lots of water! Eat less carbs and sugar!

I have my exercises all figured out, have a long list of things to do from my physical therapist... and I need to be walking/running on the treadmill at least 4 days a week.

Weigh in today 255 ~ Goal 180

6 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting back on track! I'm pretty sure you've got a really good cardio-vascular system (me, I could NEVER have gotten up all those stairs you did last summer) so the work on the treadmill, while boring, should be something that you can do. If I had a treadmill I'd probably watch all the shows I have stored on the DVR that I never seem to have time for! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting sugar out of one's diet is like prying barnacles off the hull of a ship...the good news is, it CAN be done! Sending you strong success vibes girl and big XOXO!
    MCatherine
    PS: Thanks for leaving a comment on the HAH blog!
    Hugs Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :) I know I can do this.. I was doing so good before.. I just have to get back on track.. and add a bit more too it all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! I just wrote about how writing or talking about something can make it a reality. So focus on that phrase weight loss and it will happen. I was very overweight a while ago and began running for five minutes on the treadmill at a time. I was completely breathless doing that as I also smoked like a fiend. I've got about 15-20lbs to go so I might have to join in with you on weight loss wednesdays! Thanks for sharing your goals. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you guys!! The support is so wonderful.. and Jenny I just read that post.. after I had written my post ( the song one ) and I had to come back and add a link to yours :) Would love to have you join me for my WLW, we Can do it!! I used to smoke 3 packs a day and I would drink a couple of mochas... also ate fast food at least 2 to 3 times a day.. figured when I quit all that I was at about 8k calories a day. I quit smoking 5 years ago.. quit mochas (daily.. still have one sometimes)about the same time.. then quit fast food and most soda (on a daily basis.. still do it sometimes) about 1.5 years ago.. slowly but surely.. many life changes.. not a diet.. I want to get healthy and stay healthy forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - do you use Stevia for sugar? I think you would love it if not. I buy the liquid Stevia - much better than the powder. It's all natural.

    Love the lilac pictures - very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete