Monday, May 9, 2011

Camping in the Rain

Went camping last weekend with my sister at the spot she has.. it is one of those camp grounds where you buy a space in it.. that way you always have a place to camp. You can leave your trailer up there year around and there is a club house with a pool and a craft/activity room for the kids and basketball place and a bunch of other stuff.. always stuff for the kids to do.. and they even have a grown up only space.. yay!!

It was pouring rain for a lot of the weekend.. but.. the way they are parked we just pull in at a bit of a angle and then with both our awnings out we can put the fire right outside the awnings and sit under them and have the heat reflected in and it was awesome!


When we got there Friday night it was raining... we sat around the fire and visited.. had some awesome steaks that were cooked on the bbq.. sister covers hers with fried onions and mushrooms and then melts blue cheese on top... I tried some of this.. minus the mushrooms.. and omg.. I will now be eating my steaks this way.. they were So good! If you have a favorite recipe with Blue cheese.. please share it here.


Friday all night it poured... ... attempting to get up in Saturday morning was close to impossible.. it was cold out there... and every time I rolled over it rained harder.. so I stayed in bed until a bit late :) Then the rain stopped so I got up.. everything was still soaking wet and the huge trees were dripping big drips.. but it was nice to just sit and visit around the fire. I love spending time with my sister :)


The rain pretty much held off all day so in the afternoon we were able to all go for a walk with the puppy ( sister has a baby chocolate lab that is so very sweet and too cute ) we explored around the camp ground for awhile and then made it back right before it started raining some more, just in time for dinner :) Tonight it is hamburgers on the grill then smores in the pouring rain.. no way I was going a whole weekend of camping without a smore.. no matter what the weather.
Sunday morning was still a bit wet.. and Mothers day.. so I again slept in and then had a lazy morning with some hot cocoa and computer time. Then up for some visiting and cleaning up campsite so we can get home and get some things done. This weekend was very relaxing and calm... I loved getting to visit with my sister.. it is so special that we get to be friends now and not just sisters. I also loved the time Dave and I just spent together in the motor home, working on projects and visiting together.

A Wonderful Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That steak sounds so yummy! I'm going to try it with a Portabella mushroom. MMmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice post. I love that you don't complain about a rainy day. It's raining here this morning, which makes me feel quiet and peaceful inside. Your sister sounds sweet... and I would have loved to see the puppy. So glad you had a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to know my sisters as adults has been wonderful for me too! Special bonds there. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time, rain or no rain. Love it!

    ReplyDelete