Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday and Weekend Wrap Up

This is the first time in many years that this barn does not have a child's name written on it because of a fatal car crash. With summer coming on and graduation and the end of the school year I am praying it stays this way

Well it has been a week since I have posted in here... been a busy week! I keep saying that.. every week seems to be getting busier and busier. I guess it means summer is coming rain or not. Winter time just seems, for the most part calmer, the list of things to do as the weather turns nice gets so much longer.

Had a wonderful visit with my parents, I love when they come over.. I really wish they lived a lot closer.. even next door would work for me, we did that for a couple of years and I loved it. I am going to keep working on them and then maybe in a couple of years when I win the lotto (tries to remember to buy a ticket) I will buy some property and they will move onto it with us :)

Parents went home Friday and that started our 4 day weekend around here. We had breakfast with them and then they headed home and we hit some garage sales... did not really buy anything... then we headed home and started working on the shop.. more demo.. almost all of the shelves came out of the left hand side of the shop... this weekend involved a LOT of moving things around.. between the shop.. the garage/shed and the garden shed... sorting everything and getting all the car/bike stuff into the one shed and all the garden and extra storage into the garden shed.. getting as much out of the shop as possible so that it can be as focused as possible on wood working. It has been decided that before October we will be building a new garage shed...right now we have a metal one, holds the Harley and has shelves in it.. and it is not big enough and it is not weather proof enough... even though it is up off the gravel it is still has a lot of moisture in there.. so we have added that to the must do list.. along with finish the fence. Now if the Gods of money and time could just see fit to send some extra our way that would be more than wonderful, thanks.

Saturday we did more of the same in the shop...and Sunday too... Monday we started building again and setting up the tools where they go and getting that sort of stuff all figured out.. feels great to be on the creative, building side of things again. That place was so super dirty.. we still have a lot of cleaning to do but everything in there has been gone through and organized and I love it!! We have decided to have a garage sale this summer.. not a HUGE super one like last time ( yes I remember swearing I would never do that again ) but just a few tables.. we are doing the serious sorting of the sheds, the shop, the house, and we will be bringing everything home from storage. We are getting rid of a lot of stuff.... just tired of clutter and storage. If it does not fit in the house and we are not using it then why why why would be not only keeping it but paying to keep it... through the remodel and when the house was so full of kids I get it.. but now there is NO reason. Anyone wants to come set up a table in the yard and sell some of their stuff just let me know :)

We did head out on Saturday to support or local police officers who do an Awesome job, had a chili lunch which was really good!

Daughter will be staying with us at least through the summer, she had planned to move out but those plans fell through, which is a great big welcome to the real world for her :) She was going to have a big graduation/birthday/house warming at her new house in July but since she is staying her we decided to throw her a little something here.. perfect excuse to get out and clean up the yard a little bit too. It is sort of last minute and I know a bunch of people have some other plans but I have my fingers crossed it will be a good turn out... I know my parents are going to be back in town that weekend and I am hoping both my sisters will be able to show up with their kids.

To the WLW, I got up this morning and got on the scale with my eyes closed.. I was so afraid to look. We ate out a bit more than most weeks and I was horrible about doing any exercises.. but it was not as horrible as I had thought.. I just really REALLY need to start minding my food and working out.

Weigh in last week ~ 254 Weigh in this week ~ 254

3 comments:

  1. Who has time to work on weight loss when you do so much!? You guys are busy all the time! And manage to stay socially active in your community too! I'm happy that your daughter will be with you for a little while longer. She doesn't need to rush.
    And for wlw. Imagine the number you want to see. Practice imagining yourself standing on the scale and looking down at it. Visualize it a little every day. It's going to happen for you. (Sorry...I'm just amazed at how that works for me sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The natural ingredients of Sea veg make the product a quality food supplement that can supply required organic compound to our body. Newseaveg.com offers Sea Veg, a natural food supplement with 100% organic products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calotren, a natural protein formula, is an essential nutritional supplement for the body. It helps the body to shed toxins and excess body fat naturally. The natural ingredient assures no side effects.

    ReplyDelete