Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Coupon Mail Train

I have been reading about a great way to get coupons and have found some friends and family to help me give this a try. Would love to get more people involved so if anyone reading this is interested please let me know.

Right now we are starting off with 4 people, Greta, Brenda, Gina and myself. That is our circle. The plan is that I will clip a bunch of coupons and put them in a business envelope and I will mail them to Greta, she will go through the coupons and take out any that she would like to keep. She will then add in some more.. about the same amount she took about. It is not important here that the Same amount are added.. we do not want to have to use more than one stamp so we want to keep it about the same or a little less. About 60 regular newspaper type coupons is about an ounce, which is one stamp.. anything over that and it is 64 cents up to 2 ounces.. over 2 ounces it changes to 84 cents. Then she will mail it to the next person on the list, Brenda, who will do the same and so on until it is mailed back to me.

If we always take out expired ones and we are always adding new ones it should cycle through and have new coupons each time it gets to each of us. We do need to be sure that we keep it moving... since the coupons do expire. I am hoping that each of the people involved with this will take a moment to post a comment here ( at the bottom of the page ) and let us know what type of coupons you are looking for, certain brands or items. That way we can all keep our eyes open for each other and this could work really well.

Since we are all new to this and there are no real rules.. please let me know if we need to change how anything works.. you can always get a hold of me on twitter, facebook. email, phone, or leave a comment here on the blog :) If you want in on this.. just get me your mailing address and I will add you into the circle.

*I have done some looking into sending expired coupons to the troops and have talked with a friend who is stationed in Germany and I am going to be sending all of them to them to use so no need to take out the expired ones.. I will take care of that when the envelope comes back around :)

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for Purina dry cat food coupons and tidy cat litter. More to be added later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the most part, we don't worry about brand names for most foods, but I will add them as I think of them. Most brand names are for my son..
    I could use coupons for: AXE products for men, Clairol Hair Coloring, Bayer Aspirin, Nature made or Natures Bounty supplements, Jif Peanut Butter, Goldfish Crackers, Sugarfree Gum, Tombstone Frozen Pizza,
    I'll add more as I think of them.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete