We love fish and chips...and we used to eat it often.. 4 big pieces of fish dipped in all sorts of batter and fried up nice and tasty with a big piles of fries on the side. Well... totally not on the menu these days.. but we still love fish... so I took one of our cracker servings and made it into a powder and added a bunch of spices.. rolled the fish in it and baked it. So now instead of a pound of fish we get 3.5 oz. and instead of fries we have a big green salad and some cucumbers. I have to say it is in no way the same.. but it is really good. It makes the house smell so good and it looks so pretty.. and afterwards we have energy to do things.. used to eat the big pile of fried food and then have to sit around for an hour with a tummy ache. ( yes that is how we got fat ) Learning to eat until it is enough instead of eating as much as we can is a huge step in this... better choices in what we eat and how much we eat. It is awesome to be losing weight but the best part is how much better we are feeling.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Looks yummy. You must be a great cook Michelle among your many talents.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you to be working toward your goal. The fish looks absolutely delicious. I wish I lived closer to the ocean so we could have it more often.
ReplyDeleteThat dish looks so good! I love fish! Its nice to know once you change your eating habits and eat the right foods how it makes you feel better. I have found this to be true too. Glad you are feeling better.
ReplyDelete