Learned a lot on vacation this year... the most important being that I love vacations...I always get stressed out ahead of time about going new places and doing new things.. and then by the second day I am getting into it and can't wait to explore more places. I need to just relax and just have fun and not worry about it so much. LOL good thing about the motor home is if we end up somewhere we dont like.. we just keep driving :)
I also figured out that the kids hate road trips. They love the new places... the National Parks were all big hits but the getting from one place to another was not the part of the trip they liked... I am sure they could not tell you anything about any part of the trip that was in the motor home... all they did was sleep or play games while we drove. The best parts where when the phones had no service and the ipods were not charged...then they would interact. It was hard figuring out a balance of letting them have their "stuff" and making them interact. Wanted it to be a good vacation for them... but.. also had not planned on bringing all their friends. Since it was the last big road trip with them.. we did not stress it too much... they seemed to be enjoying the important parts.. the parks and the family games and sitting around the fires and hot dogs and swimming.. so we let them have the phones the rest of the time. Any more trips with the kids will just be local, the ocean or dirt biking.. where we go someplace and do something for a week and then come home. In no time they will all be grown and moved on and then we will have plenty of time for road trips.
This trip did confirm that Dave and I will have a great time in a custon built motor home and that we will use the heck out of it. Now we are really starting to focus on and make plans to be able to start working on that as soon as possible... we need to get some things paid off.. then buy a truck.. and decide where to have the box built.. then we can start working on the inside.
here are some links to some motor homes with the same sort of idea we want.. when you see us coming down the road we want it to be all semi truck... and then motor home in the back :)
Kingsley Coach the truck is nice the motor home is a bit bus like for me
Cobra Motor homes Sort of gives you an idea of what we will be driving around in... will have a built in garage in the back under the bedroom so we can haul the harley around and then can pull a trailer with the jeep in it if we want too.
After this vacation I am so ready to get this all started as soon as possible... not tomorrow but you know what I mean... it has gone from something cool we want to do.. to something we REALLY want to do. Time to really focus on getting more and more self suffient so that there is no working 9 to 5 at the office... luckily Dave has the kind of job he can do from anywhere anytime.. so as his business grows this is becoming less of a dream and more of a reality.
For now I am trying to figure out how we can get away again as soon as possible.. lol... I love being home but I am sure now that if we had a motor home that was built for us and it had a comfortable bed and what not... that it could be home too. Pretty sure we would keep this place on the island... it will always be a good place to come home to and to meet up with family for get togethers and to play on the beach. Would also love to have a place more in the mountains.. like in Durango Colorado. I could see spending chunks of time there too and can see family and friends coming to visit there for snow sports and for camping and jeeping. Durango and Camano could balance each other very well and with lots of traveling between and around.. life could be better than anything I have ever dreamed.
:)
~Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








My sisters and I call it pre-vacation stress syndrome. Vacation is wonderful, but then comes post-vacation stress syndrome when you're trying to get back into real life again.
ReplyDeleteThat Kingsley is AMAZING!