Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday

First weigh in after vacation... and I am happy to report I am down.. just one pound. I had hoped to be a bit more as I know I walked a LOT and it was hot and I sweated a lot (thought for sure I had sweated off a few pounds) and I did drink a LOT of water. We also only ate out a few times and we kept it real ( pretty much ) when we ate out... example is that when we had pizza we did get bread sticks... but we also did get a small pizza thin crust to share. We also did have dessert... but we split it. You can read/see about the places we ate out at on my kitchen blog. In the old days we would have had the bread sticks.. and a large thick crust pizza and each our own dessert.

With that being said.. I *am* happy I am at least down a pound... with the walking and the watching what we ate... we also spent a lot of time sitting on our backsides while travelling around and we did tend to eat a lot later than is good for us.


See all those stairs and the tiny ants on them... those are people.. Dave and John also climbed 118 more to be able to visit the look out and take this picture.

Even though this weight loss is not going nearly as fast as I would like.. I am happy that it is moving along and keeping on track.. it may take me a year longer than I had hoped.. but.. I know I can reach my goals. As for the getting healthy part.. that seems to be going really well.. no way last year I would have been able to do most of the stuff that I did this year. The hike up 224 stairs at Seven Falls not only would not happened last year.. I would not even thought to attempt it. I not only made it up the stairs this year... I also went on a 30 minute hike while at the top to see some other falls.

One day at a time... by this time next year I can not wait to see what I will be able to do :)

weighing in at 236

~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Losing weight is hard. Good job on that one pound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Climbing 224 steep stairs ought to be worth four pounds at least -- not fair! Congratulations on making it to the top. I'm still at the stage where I just would NOT even attempt it. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete