Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Low Tide and Sunshine


Headed to the beach today at low tide.. it was way out there too... almost a -1 .. I had not been to the beach when it was this far out for awhile. Today I just mostly walked.. and watched the water for whales.. did not do much treasure hunting. Found some Big rocks covered in Lots of shells and barnacles.

Lots of people on the beach, some clamming some walking and some just sitting watching. I did some visiting with some of them. I learned that years ago it used to be that when someone on the beach would see one of the whales that they would ring a bell on their porch and that you could hear the bells ringing down the beach as the whales swam by. I wish they still did this.. makes me want to get a big bell and ring it when I see a whale.. though with the luck I had last time I am just hoping to hang onto the camera long enough to get a picture when I see a whale next!

I am not sure what this is... I thought it was a cup cake paper someone had thrown on the beach so I bent over to pick it up and take it to the trash.. and it felt just like a star fish... but all one piece, no tentacles and it is the size of a cup cake paper. It was also pretty stinky.. well.. beach smelling.. so I just left it alone and took some pictures, will look into what it might be.


Today was a nice relaxing day on the beach, the news had said we would be aiming for 60.. but according to my house we made it past there and to 65.. I know it was
t-shirt weather at the beach today and I Loved it!

1 comment:

  1. The image you've created with the whales and the bells on the beach is worthy of a novel or a movie scene...that sounds so amazing! I'd love to experience that. I wonder if people would start that tradition again. Your pictures are always interesting and beautiful. The cupcake wrapper anenome like creature is amazing.

    ReplyDelete