I am going through the blogs I do follow and I am putting them in categories on the right hand side. There will be local sites and blogs, food ones, Rv'ing and traveling ones and I am not sure what other categories there will be as I am still sorting and working on this. I am hoping this will help to find what I need.. and to share with my readers places they may like too. I know for myself when I do not have to weed through stuff I have no interest in... that I love exploring things I do find interesting.
These are the first flowers to bloom in my yard every year :)
I would love any feedback on this, I would also love to see more comments. I have taken off all the anti spam stuff and you do not even need to be signed in to leave a comment. I know this is something I am going to be working harder on doing myself. I read a lot of blogs and often do not take the moment to leave a comment. I am going to try to leave more comments and go back and see what is happening on the posts I enjoyed. I am thankful for the blogs I read, for the information, ideas and encouragement that they share and I want to make sure they know that and keep writing.









Michelle, this is a great idea! I'm so very selective in my reading habits that most people would probably delete me from their lists. I really only manage to comment on a few every week. I'm glad I made the cut! Thanks for keeping me around.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog!! I am not deleting everyone.. just cleaning up the ones who I never interact with... a lot of them have not been written in for many months and won't even notice I am gone. As I sit here and work on this I notice I did delete a couple I need to get back on my list.. that is one reason I am trying something new.
ReplyDeleteMichelle- I think this is great. I haven't written on my blog for months, and I also have gotten more selective of what's on my reader. I have noticed that I change every now and then and sometimes follow more cooking blogs, drop some of those and start following house decorating blogs. I don't think anyone would take it personally. I need to do the same thing
ReplyDeleteCheers
Anji
Anjii, so good to hear from you. I was looking for your blog the other day, a friend of mine was in Juneau for a couple of weeks and has lived there before.. I was going to see if you still had your jewelry in a shop there so she could take a peek. I miss reading your blog, hope all is going well with you.
ReplyDeleteBoy oh boy do I ever know what you mean! I bookmark all the blogs I happen upon that I like, then find it hard to get back to them on a regular basis in order to keep up. I've tried organizing bookmarks by day of the week, then went to day of the month, but I just can't do it!
ReplyDeleteI find that I only "follow" the ones with whom I either have a regular interaction or on whom I find myself commenting more than a few times.
And as Anji points out, our tastes and interests change slightly as time goes on.
I love the little smiley face you put by my little knitting journal -- thank you, Michelle!
And good luck with your spring cleaning & organizing!!
Elle, thanks for the comments.. I love following your knitting adventures... love that I get to see them in person too. Visits with you always make me smile :)
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments on my blog.
I can really relate to your post-I've been thinking about the same thing. I follow so many blogs, but don't really look at many of them on a regular basis. I've been debating with myself about whether or not to trim my list. I always enjoy your posts.
Hi Michele,
ReplyDeleteThanks for putting our blogs on the list! I just noticed that they were on there. Actually I've been using a different computer and didn't have access to all of my bookmarked blogs,exactly the problem that you blogged about. I have a little catching up to do.;)
Wow! these yellow flowers are mind blowing. You are lucky that these flowers firstly bloom in your yard every year.
ReplyDeleteMay I just say: Glorious!!! This yellow flower is looking awesome.
ReplyDelete