Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Little Bit of Sweet for a Great Day

Awhile ago someone noticed that I bake for comfort... well tonight I decided that worked for me. I had a wonderful day, went to a friends house and a couple of her friends came over and I had my first pinochle lesson. It has been a long time since I sat around and played cards with friends. This is a game that I grew up watching my parents play with their friends, which makes me now feel like I have grown up since I am playing it. I had physical therapy this morning.. she worked me pretty hard this morning and we tried a couple of new things, one of them was not a good idea. I am hurting tonight, sore muscles and sore shoulder. So I baked!

I follow some amazing bakers on Facebook. Java Cupcake always is posting amazing recipes that I love to try. One of the other people I follow is The Piecycle who I think is just amazing. They make pie and deliver them at night on Friday and Saturdays. You just call or text your order to them.. $3 a slice or $20 a pie. Some night I am going to go find a parking spot in their delivery area just so I can order some and have it delivered. I think it is a great idea... and I LOVE pie! Until then.. I will make my own pies.


Mini Black Berry Pie Bites from Berries my son Picked



1 comment:

  1. Baking is good therapy! I always bake for comfort. And sometimes making a nice dinner with lots of sides is comforting too, until that hectic last five minutes before serving it. The little pies look delicious! Good for you for taking care of yourself when you're in pain. I'm sorry you're going through that right now.

    ReplyDelete