We then took Missy and headed up to visit with my sister, her honey and my dad. My sister bought one of those pieces of property in a camp ground.... it is really nice.. and a bit closer to us than their home. They were up there this weekend camping and had dad with them so we wanted to go up and visit for a bit. It was really nice to sit around a camp fire and visit and have a bbq, a drink and just relax and visit with family. All growing up we did that a lot.. at home and while camping.. and until about 10 or 15 years ago we all lived pretty close together. It is one thing I do not like about all of us being grown up and having our own lives... I wish we all still lived closer together.
Saturday we got up and headed south... we have been trying for years to go watch the big rigs from Canada race.. and they have three races (this year only 2 I think ) here in Washington. We tried one year to see them in Monroe which is closer to us.. but it rained and we decided not to go since they don't do much in the rain... and most years we are just too busy and we miss them. This year worked out wonderful..... we headed south to South Sound Speedway and had a great night to watch. They did build the seating on the wrong side of the track and we spent some time dealing with the sun setting into our eyes.. but all in all.. it was wonderful. Love the small town feeling of the whole place. We found ourselves driving through Tacoma while they were having the Lewis-McChord Air Expo and it was amazing. As we were driving down the freeway I thought I saw a huge kite... well it was the stealth bomber and then some jets which shook the jeep and we ended up hitting the next exit and finding a great place to pull off the road and watch the planes for awhile. I have now added it to my list of things I want to go to.
Back to the racing.... there were lots of other racing too... from not very experienced with lots of restarts and wipe outs.. to the fancier cars that seemed to be going a lot faster. Thankfully no crashes where anyone was hurt. I know nothing about racing but I had a blast and look forward to going to more races now and learning a bit more about how it all works and the rules... it would be nice to know what is going on when they have to restart and everyone is in different positions and what not.
Today we are having a lazier day at home.. woke up late.. watched some tv... working in the shop :) the door handles on the motor home were falling apart.. so we looked into getting some new ones.. but they would cost a pretty penny.. so Dave decided to make some of our own. He took some old pieces of oak that used to be window sills in our house. He glued them together to get them to the right thickness and cut them to rough size. Then he traced the old door handles and headed to the table saw and band saw to cut them out. Sanded and routed and sanded some more.. drilled some holes and.... photos and blog post to follow when they are done :) I am doing some more cleaning on the motor home.. some blogging.. work in the garden.. and cleaning around the house... I think it is called puttering and looking busy :)
~Michelle









No comments:
Post a Comment