Saturday, July 31, 2010

Too Hot

Third day of vacation... and it is too hot... other than that we are having a great time. Yesterday we did some geocaching in Oregon... that was fun... not a lot different than Washington yet..just hotter and you think twice before putting your hands into piles of rocks....hoping to make it all the way home without having any visits with snakes.

We did pull over in a big empty lot for a cache right off of the freeway...and while we were there we watched a big storm moving across the sky... there was lightning and thunder and huge rain drops... went from what felt like 110 to about 85 degrees.... spent some time playing in the rain. Hiked up a 1/4 mile hill for a cache... it was hot... but great lookout and some neat looking grasses.

We made it to Boise last night and camped in the walmart. It is nice to be able to pull in at any time... most nights we drive until 1 or so... we can go in and use the rest room and stretch our legs a bit.. and they have A/C and are nice and cool....then in the morning we can pick up whatever we might need and head out.

Today we are heading to Salt Lake City... taking a scenic highway and hoping to see some waterfalls and if we are really lucky we will find an awesome place to swim for awhile and maybe have a bbq. Then we will spend tonight in another walmart.. tomorrow we do the copper mine and the salt flats... then well... this is the sort of vacation that we just do not know that far in advance... who knows... we may decide at dinner tonight to head back to the Oregon coast.

I am posting some photos on flickr... but at this point all my time on the computer is while we are driving and I am learning I am not very good at this.. if I am not careful my tummy gets a bit upset... I am hoping when we set up camp for a few days I will be able to get a few more photos uploaded. We are taking lots... having fun with the new camera.

now we are in Bliss Idaho and stopping to visit the restroom/stretch legs a bit and grab a cache... I will check in again soon :)

~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good time so far! What an adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun so far! I get car sick very easily...there will be no typing while I ride on my vacation. It's hard enough for me to peek at a map or GPS briefly! Enjoy! Look forward to some pictures!

    ReplyDelete