Thanks to some twitter friends I kept seeing their posts about
postcrossing.com and had to go check it out myself. It was not long before I was signed up and had a profile filled out so I could play too. It is a site where you sign up with your address and a few more details and then you exchange post cards from all over the world. You request to send a post card, be sure to write the id number on it.. then when it is received they will enter it on the site to show it arrived.. your name will then go to the top of the list to receive a post card. So far I have sent 3.. two of them being to Florida and the last one I have sent to Russia. I have written to a 14 year old girl... a 31 year old mom of 2 and a man who did not share much on his profile.. but he likes postcards from where you are. I have received 2 postcards.... one from Berlin and one from Netherlands.
You do not write back and forth between these people... you most often just get one post card from them and then you write to someone else. If you are interested in writing back and forth you can include your address and then they have the option.. there is a spot on the site to show that you would like to do that or not.
I am enjoying sending postcards and getting them from lots of different places. It makes it exciting to go to the mail box every day and see what might be in there. To read a little bit from someone far away. I wish I had known about this when the kids were younger.. I think they would have enjoyed it... they seem to get a little excited and they want to read the postcards that come... but.. if I ask about them doing it I get the teenager eye roll and shoulder shrug.
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment