Thursday, March 24, 2011

Supporting each other Locally

The Crab Cracker is a local magazine that comes out every couple of weeks here on the island (and in Stanwood too) I am always in line waiting to get my copy, I love it. It covers all the things going on locally and has the typical classified stuff. Has an Artist of the week, local tide table ( love this ) stories from the community and so much more.

This last one.. has one of my stories in it! The post I wrote here a couple of weeks ago about the Gray Whales, they saw it and asked if they could put it in the Crab Cracker and I could not say yes fast enough. I know the little Crab Cracker is not like a big national magazine... but to me.. it is even better. It is local and about all the things that are important to those of us who live here. I feel so honored to be included. Thank you!

The Crab Cracker ~ Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

There is another amazing local site that I have been on. They added one of my recipes from my other blog Coffee Tea and Recipes the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies. This site is Camano Community. They are very active on twitter and also have a FaceBook. They are all online and another wonderful resource for what is going on locally and who is who and they also have a lot of stuff from local people. I am really enjoying getting to read about and talk with local people and business that I am connecting with because of this site. The guy that runs it is super nice and friendly. Thank you!!

There is a new blog starting up that is a lot of fun Snohomish County Blog Girl ( she includes Camano ) She is out and about shopping and eating and enjoying the area and sharing her reviews of places.

There are so many more wonderful local sites and blogs. I have started a list on the right hand side of this blog of all the wonderful ones I find. I am looking forward to the list growing and growing! The Rely Local is a great site too, all about supporting local businesses. This one is in the Arlington Marysville area, but that is not too far for us on the island, since Dave works in that area I consider it very local for us.

Thank you to everyone who supports me in any way, in what I make and what I write and in who I am. I am grateful for all of it and hope to be able to share more than I receive. Support is a wonderful circle to be in.. the more you get the more you seem to have to share! Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. That must be an amazing feeling to be recognized in your community. I'm going to have to check out those sites! One of these days I'm going to try to reach out more to my city instead of hiding out at home. Thanks for inspiring all of us Michelle!

    ReplyDelete