First one we went after was the corner store we love to visit... a total easy find... grabbed the cache checked the log and no names were on it... well now ours is... First to Find.. Heck of a way to get back into caching.. and the caches are all done by RDR one of the best around. We love finding his caches...a lot of them we end up having to visit more than once before we find them.. there is one we have visited at least a half a dozen times and still have no clue. We are pretty sure we Know every place it is not hidden.. even though we know when we find it that chances will be high we have seen it and touched it many times and just did not "find" it.
Off to the second cache.. I am pretty sure I know where this one is before we get out of the car... yes that is a big mistake... when I assume where it is then I close my mind to all the other places it might be. Which is what happened... we are looking.. and looking and it is not where I think it should be so I am looking even harder.. and then a car pulls up.. and it is RDR... totally awesome to get to meet him... he asks if we have found it yet.. We say no.. he ask what the name of the cache is... we tell him.. and he gives us this look... Dave gets it.. turns around and he sees it right away.. I am still stubborn and thinking I know where it is so am still looking there.... then I see it.. not where I thought it would be.. and can not believe I did not see it earlier.. I had totally touched it and looked right at it. Second to find on this one.
Tried a couple more but had no luck on those.. did not really give them too much serious time.. they had already been logged so we just did a quick peek... on our way for more first to find... down to one of our favorite parks.. there are a couple of new ones here... a truck is pulling in so we are walking fast.... find it but it has sort of fallen apart.. the cache itself has fallen out of the camo... so we get it out and are looking at the log... cache was just published this morning.. but the log has been signed a few times.. over the last year.. nothing today.. so we are taking a first to find.. and another cacher shows up.. and he agrees... first to find for him too.. sharing this one :) We put it all back together how it should be and head off for the other first to find... it is in the park more.. means some hiking and with the winds blowing like they are.. we hiked fast... found the cache and signed the log and started back out... I stopped to take a couple of pictures and a video because the wind was so cool.. then the branches started falling down around us and we decided it was time to just get out of the trees.
Found four caches today.. ftf on three of them :) We did not go after all of them since we want to start going out on a regular basis again... this leaves some more to go after in the next few weeks :) Being out in the woods and hiking on the trails felt so good.. I have missed being out there a lot and it is time we are out there again! This island has so many awesome trails.. and within 50 miles of here there are millions of trails ( most of them with lots of caches ) that we need to explore!
Learn about Geocaching here I can not say enough good about it. You can do it pretty much for free... you just need a gps. It is great for kids and grandparents and everyone in between or all together. It gets you outside, doing stuff. I can not believe how much I have learned about where I live and the places I have visited because of caching. Any questions feel free to ask me :)
All pictures today were taken on Four Springs 50-acre nature preserve on Camano Island. Even though I had driven past the signs to this for many years.. it was because of caching that we headed back into this and found a beautiful park with lots of trails to explore. I was so excited to be out caching again I did not take many photos as I left the camera at home and I only grabbed the cell for the ones in the park :(
~Michelle











No comments:
Post a Comment