Monday, February 7, 2011

Stormy and Beautiful

Loved it!! I dressed up really warm... looked like it was going to be raining. I had on my socks.. then some wool socks.. then some long johns.. then my jeans.. a tank top.. a long sleeve t-shirt a sweatshirt a big insulated flannel... wrap the scarf around throw the mittens in the pocket.. put on the boots.. and threw on some rain gear....and I can hardly move. I was plenty warm though. Off I go to the beach.. meet up with a friend and we start out on the adventure. I walk pretty slow on the beach.. ok... R E A L L Y Slow. I tend to go from the waters edge to high tide and back and forth.. stopping to take pictures, look at rocks and collect my treasures. I was also having a bit of a problem... as I was plenty warm enough.. but bending over to pick anything up was proving to be a bit difficult.. and then.. the long johns kept wanting to slide down to my knees.. and take the jeans with them.. I seriously felt like one of the teenagers I am always yelling at.... yet I was hiking up my britches with every step. I thought about running home and taking off the long johns but I just kept giving some tugs after every bend over.


The beach was so loud and and so many treasures.. the waves were crashing and the water was churned up.. it was beautiful. I had thought I might get rained on but.. no rain.. in fact the sun came out and by the time I was done I was plenty warm enough. Only found one agate.. but I found some pastels which I LOVE!


and lots of browns with cool patterns on them.

I did also get some some whites and some greens and a heart rock and a couple pieces of pottery. Lots of treasures still to be sorted.


~Michelle

4 comments:

  1. You really found some lovely pieces. The winds have really been bad here and cold but the sun is so pretty. The mountain looks great out my Shop window. There really is nothing closer to Gods Country than the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I love living here... we have everything.. big water and big mountains.. lots of water and trees.. it is the most awesome place ever! Rather populated compared to 30 years ago.. but I still would not trade it for anywhere! You see Mt Rainer correct? That is my favorite one... growing up in Black Diamond I woke to it outside my bedroom window every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the things you collected. I've never seen sea glass on the beach before. I would love to find some one day when I visit the ocean (not much chance of finding sea glass in Mid Missouri!). I've seen it at craft stores, but I suspect it is fake.

    Thanks for sharing your finds - I really like seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, thanks... Everything I have seen in craft shops has been fake.... When you come visit me we can go walk on the beach and you can find lots of treasures :)

    ReplyDelete