Yesterday was just an awesome day at the beach... when I woke up it was 25 degrees and I was not sure I was up to freezing my backside off... then it started to warm up... and the sun was shinning and the sky was blue.. the water was so calm... threw on a sweatshirt and some boots and headed out the door. The tide was way out so I headed down to my favorite spot... you either have to wait until the tide is out or climb over a bunch of trees that slide down the bank last year. I love this part of the beach because no one ever goes down there... it is right in the middle of the high bank with houses on each end. I always find good things here and often find agates in this area.
Bottle Tops

Greens

I was walking around at high tide line and then on the way back decide to hit low tide and see what was there.. on my way down to the water I almost tripped when I saw a red. They are rare and the pieces I have found have always been so very tiny.. like 5 of them on a dime.. but the one I saw today was about the size of a dime :) here it is with all the other awesome stuff.. some heart rocks and pottery and agates :) The big bright red and the yellow are the pottery pieces.

Walking back along the waters edge was a lot of fun... saw this thing hopping all over and I am not sure what he is but I did try getting him back into the water.. but every time I reached for him he would flip flop and creep me out :(
Then I saw some sea anemones and I just had to take some pictures and yes I played with them... they are just so cool.. I was very gentle though.
I could have spent ALL day playing on the beach today... it was warm and fun and the birds were chirping and splashing in the water. Today is sunny and warm too.. but I am going to spend it cleaning out the jeeps.... heard to expect rain starting tomorrow... I do love the rain... it is why everything here is so green and so beautiful.. and I am thankful we are not in freezing temps and buried in feet of snow.. but I am ready for spring. Starting to see flowers budding and I want to be outside working in the yard and having a bonfire and roasting some hot dogs :)
Hi Michelle - I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying the photos of your treasure hunts. I'm so envious! :) When my son was a baby (about 7 years ago) we went to Florida. We went out to this fairly secluded beach and sat in a pile of sea shells and sifted through tiny shells for a long time. There is nothing like the treasures the sea provides! Thanks for taking photos so those of us in the middle of the country can enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThat sea anenome is so cool! I'm happy that you are feeling the first signs of spring. We are getting some sunshine here too, and it really makes me want to drive out to the coast. I would have wanted to stay out there all day too:) Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLaura, thank you for the comment, it is nice to know I am not totally boring everyone :) I joined a sea glass site just so I could post most of my beach stuff over there.. but I still like to share the good stuff here :) I am loving your blog, so glad to have you blogging again *hugs*
ReplyDeleteKneesandpaws, I can't wait to see pictures when you go to the coast.. I am so looking forward to visiting more beaches this year :) Today we have major wind and rain... seems like we are going backwards to winter again lol